10-28-08, 11:24 AM   #1
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is there a place to get the code

That auto hides the blizzard UI Elements... As of right now i am just wanting to hide everything... Unit Frames, Minimap, Action bars and what not along with the graphics that come with it.... is there somewhere i can get the code that will hide all these elements?

thanks in advance
rabbit
10-28-08, 11:39 AM   #2
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

wowwiki.com search for api is a good place to start lots of information there
10-28-08, 11:58 AM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

In the off-chance you just want to temporarily hide all the ui elements for a screenshot,
you can do it with Alt+Z without any addons
11-19-08, 07:59 AM   #4
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
I know i am a little late responding to this lol but the reason i was asking is cause i am learning everything bit by bit from scratch... i want to disbale everything through the code and start with say a chat frame texture... then bind the chat frame and all the functions and postion of graphics and what not that have the functions say the buttons to scroll up down bla bla bla where i want them to match the graphic .

Once i learn that move onto the next thing say the Unit Frames, then action bars then the minimap, tradeskill windows, then onto creating my own add-ons to make everything 100% mine.

I know wow uses xml mainly for the frames/textures and uses the lua for the functions of each graphic in the xml and binda the two together... I believe i just need a crash cours in lua and xml from start to finish on both and then have at it.

Just hard to find free sources on the net that go from start to finish. Most tuts and stuff that i found jumble alot and jump around alot so when your looking at the code your like "wait" that did what? lol.

Anyway i had alot of coffee and typing a book so will leave this alone for now
11-19-08, 09:12 AM   #5
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try MoveAnything, it has a a feature to hide things individually instead of all at once. Or you can just move it where you want it.

Example, you can move default unit frames..

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Is there a place to get the code