01-11-10, 03:49 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quest Helper Tracker reseting on only *1* character

I for the life of me can not figure out why Quest Helpers Tracker keeps resetting to the right on only 1 character. The others it remembers where I put the tracker between sessions.

I have checked all the saved variables and I am not sure where QH saves the tracker location.

Anyone have any idea how to get QH tracker to remember where I put it?

thanks!
01-11-10, 05:44 PM   #2
Kudane
Co-Founder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ok I figured it out.

QH (and many other addons) saves locations in the file: World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\AccountName\Server\CharacterName\layout-local.txt

I had locked this as "read only" back in December for this character because everytime I logged in the game was scrambling my chat windows (no idea why, was not addon related that I could tell).

To fix I copied the settings for the QH Tracker from one of the other characters and TADA its where it should be
01-11-10, 10:06 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
/cheer!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Quest Helper Tracker reseting on only *1* character