11-30-11, 08:29 PM   #1
tucchase
A Murloc Raider
Framerate cut 75%

Is anyone else having a problem with Framerate. When I enable Carbonite, my Framerate drops to 15. When I disable Carbonite, my Framerate returns to 60. This has only occurred since the start of 4.3. Prior to 4.3 everything was running fine at 60 FPS with Carbonite 4.22 on.

11-30-11, 09:00 PM   #2
PhxGin
A Defias Bandit
I am having the exact same problem

11-30-11, 10:53 PM   #3
love4stupidppl
A Black Drake

Your frame-rate is dropping because Carbonite is generating a bunch of errors in the background.

2 Options:

1. Disable it until an update is released.
2. Try some of the fan patch's.

12-01-11, 11:38 AM   #4
tucchase
A Murloc Raider
Thanx, love4stupidppl. That sounds logical. I had a feeling it was something simple, but out of my league. I'll wait for the update!

12-01-11, 03:09 PM   #5
Seeo
A Murloc Raider
A lot of people I know are getting this choppiness, including me.

I sure hope there's an update soon, and that my donations haven't just been for a dead mod.

WoW is more popular now then ever, with a pretty sweet expansion coming out. I have a feeling more people will be joining and we'll be hitting new record highs, don't give up on this addon please, there's more people than ever that could use it!

Sincerely,

Seeo

12-01-11, 03:39 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The FPS decrease is from a repeating map error.

Carbonite 4.3 is released.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41962

12-01-11, 07:40 PM   #7
Seeo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post

You Sir, are the greatest. I hope you have a very merry Christmas.

12-01-11, 11:51 PM   #8
Seeo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post

Small little thing... Still getting weird lag in Outlands... decided to go pluck some herbs, cleared my Cache, WTF, made sure my interface folder was clean (no old artifact addons or plugins). Soon as I did that, I needed to redo my interface, but more importantly it seemed to fix my problem (was in Hellfire), however when I switched zones, it started doing it again (not really a choppyness, kind of like a smooth choppyness)

Maybe if you go to outlands you'll see what I mean, because I'm tested this with Carbonite as my only addon, and still got the same effect.

Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Seoo

12-02-11, 03:21 AM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seeo View Post
Small little thing... Still getting weird lag in Outlands...
Any ideas?
Sorry, can't think of anything that would cause that. You could try the same steps without Carbonite and see if it is a game problem.

12-06-11, 08:49 AM   #10
Yentna
A Murloc Raider
Haven't been able to use carbonite since Cata dropped. Rolled a new toon last night so decided to try Carbonite again. Same problems! I can quest and gather somewhat outside of town but get me near a city and my fps drops to the point of freezing. Forget trying to run an instance with Carb enabled. Ain't gonna happen. Just updated the addon again so we will see what happens after reset today. All of my friends that have used Carbonite have given up on it.

12-06-11, 09:07 AM   #11
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Yentna View Post
Haven't been able to use carbonite since Cata dropped. Rolled a new toon last night so decided to try Carbonite again. Same problems! I can quest and gather somewhat outside of town but get me near a city and my fps drops to the point of freezing. Forget trying to run an instance with Carb enabled. Ain't gonna happen. Just updated the addon again so we will see what happens after reset today. All of my friends that have used Carbonite have given up on it.
what type of PC do you have?
any dual core will not handle wow right with muti add-on running.
As that what it sound like.. or it could be the video card? plz post what you have and I might be able to help you with setting's.

12-06-11, 09:39 AM   #12
Yentna
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by shadow78 View Post
As that what it sound like.. or it could be the video card? plz post what you have and I might be able to help you with setting's.
Hey! Thanks for the help. I am running an Athlon II x 4 640 3.00 GHz with a Radeon HD 4550.

12-06-11, 12:04 PM   #13
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Question

Hey! Thanks for the help. I am running an Athlon II x 4 640 3.00 GHz with a Radeon HD 4550.
ok. great quad core and video.. what are your in-game setting for video.. do you have them max out?? also do you play on a high pop server?

and how many add-on do you run?
A list would be nice too.
have you also try only having carb running by itself ?

more info the better so I can try to track the fps lag.

12-07-11, 11:12 AM   #14
Yentna
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy

ok. great quad core and video.. what are your in-game setting for video.. do you have them max out?? also do you play on a high pop server?

and how many add-on do you run?
A list would be nice too.
have you also try only having carb running by itself ?

more info the better so I can try to track the fps lag.
I play on Kil'Jaeden but have the same issues on my server-down toon on Darrowmere.

I have tried isolating Carbonite with same effect on both servers. I normally run with DBM, Healbot, Recount, Auction Lite, Bartender and recently added Altoholic.

My video settings are at default.

Last edited by Yentna : 12-07-11 at 11:14 AM. Reason: added text

12-07-11, 11:58 AM   #15
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
I play on Kil'Jaeden but have the same issues on my server-down toon on Darrowmere.

I have tried isolating Carbonite with same effect on both servers. I normally run with DBM, Healbot, Recount, Auction Lite, Bartender and recently added Altoholic.

My video settings are at default.
have you fool around with the setting with in carb?
I have just disable quest and my fps when up by 20.
I only use carb for questing and the great maps. have most other stuff disable.

oh my PC spec is amd dual core.. nvid 210 1gb with 4GB of ram. with about 20 or more add-on's running. My fps is about 35-60.. in town about 20-30

12-12-11, 07:13 PM   #16
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Ummm.... Where in heck did you come up with that piece of mis-information? It simply isn't true...

Not trying to be harsh here, but that sentence hit my 'HUH' button and couldn't be ignored.

I've been playing WoW since its start, originally with a single core and now with a dual core, and usually with between 20-60 addons running (depending on what I'm doing). The only problems that have ever occurred have been due to addon specific bugs, and none of those problems have ever had anything to do with the number of CPU cores. Even with all 60 addons running, with a 3gig dual core AMD Athlon 2 X2 and a GeForce GTX 560 Ti video card, I maintain 40-60 FPS outside of town and 25-30 in town with the game set at High detail.

Other than that, given the age of WoW, I rather doubt that WoW has ever had much, if any, multi-core optimization built into the games core software. I could be wrong about that, but I doubt it.

As to the FPS problem, some other threads have covered this...

Basically, if you've identified Carb v4.3 as the cause of the FPS drop your problem is most likely centered around its quest watch feature. The first thing to look at is if you have Carbs 'achievement tracking' turned on. Quite a few players, myself included, have found that turning off Carbs 'achievement tracking' option fixes the FPS problem. Some other players have had to turn the quest watch feature completely off to fix the problem. So, that's the first place to look.

There's another area in Carb you might want to look at...

For me, Carb is still indispensable just for its map modifications but the core code base is getting a bit long in the tooth, and the addon has some other features/options built in to it that, to be honest, are no longer really necessary and/or out-dated. You might want to do a careful scan of all the Carb options and experiment to see which options you can turn off as really not needed. That might help in getting some more FPS back.

Last edited by Coasty : 12-12-11 at 07:51 PM. Reason: additional information

12-14-11, 01:08 AM   #17
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

WoW has had multi-core optimization since Wrath of the Lich King, but it wasn't used unless you enabled it through CVar's. Cataclysm will now use your extra cores by default.

12-14-11, 01:56 AM   #18
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by ForeverTheGM View Post
WoW has had multi-core optimization since Wrath of the Lich King, but it wasn't used unless you enabled it through CVar's. Cataclysm will now use your extra cores by default.
Interesting... What in the heck are CVar's???

Said question probably being a pretty good clue that I had no idea multi-core support was included with WotLK.

12-14-11, 06:03 AM   #19
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Coasty View Post
Interesting... What in the heck are CVar's???
Console variables.

08-30-12, 07:07 PM   #20
Aanson
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Carb

Saw a mention of Carbonite and problems it might be causing in 50001. There's a link to a fan update download on the Carb forum here on wow I. I downloaded it earlier this evening and it seems to be working perfectly (although I've not tried node routing yet).

Meant to say too about the FPS drop. Apologies in advance if this seems overly obvious, but I've just downloaded 5.0 tonight and it had switched me from "windowed full screen" to "windowed". I noticed my FPS was down at a constant 25 or so, switched to "windowed full screen" and I was back up at around 55.

EDIT: Never fails to amaze me how dumb I am capable of being... last post Dec 2011...

Last edited by Aanson : 08-30-12 at 07:14 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Framerate cut 75%