05-06-12, 12:24 PM   #41
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by DrCuddles View Post
I understand that the addon isn't a priority right now but with new zones appearing I'd hope to at least see their maps added. It's so annoying have to hide my carbonite map
My thinking is to make the map data tables a separate file, so others could add or edit zones.
I would also fix basic errors caused by changes in the expansion.

Those would keep the addon usable for and after the expansion.

05-06-12, 12:41 PM   #42
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Alaniis View Post
2. Will there be a further update and if so when? I appreciate that the developers have lives and if no further updates are anticipated, then I'll (sadly) look for a replacement addon.
Faatal said "no decision has been made on the future of Carbonite". I presume that if/when such a decision is made, it will be announced here. "Waiting is," as the Martian said.

And I see that in his latest post, Faatal implies intent to at least fix errors and so keep the add-on working in future.

Last edited by Chmee : 05-06-12 at 12:44 PM.

05-06-12, 04:42 PM   #43
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Exclamation

Glad to see some response.
I aswell donated in the past.. I don't mind doing it again.
Especially if the devs make it possible for other addon authors or supporters to keep the addon updated.
Carbonite has been a major help for me during questing and even in the bg's

I hope they make up their mind soon so that we can all enjoy the product again.
I was excited when a new release popped up on my screen, but was rather disappointed that the only fix that came with it was the version check

Changes: 4.301

Fixed warning that version is old.

I know it's a project / addon no warranties and such.. but if you guys plan to stop development on the addon please give it back to the supporting community.. with your help we can make it again the best addon out there.

05-07-12, 04:40 AM   #44
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by OmegaExtreme View Post
If (like me) your sick and tired of the message flooding your chat box everytime you login do this

open up Carbonite.ua (World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite) in wordpad or notepad (i use notepad++)

do a search for "111122" (2011, Nov, 22)

change it do another date id suggest 121122 that way you get 1 year before the msg repeats itself.
After having done this (more than a month or more ago), it worked --- up until today, when it stated again. I need to do it again, but your instructions are only partially complete.

I cannot do a search (of the Carbonite.lua) for the date you specified, since that date, or whatever date I and others may have placed in there) won't be in the current ".lua" code. I forgot what date I entered, therefore cannot search for it.

What I'd prefer to know (and, at this point, need to know) is the information in the appropriate line item that precedes the date(s). My .lua script file is not numbered, so I need to find the proper line by searching for it.

I, and maybe others, will appreciate your help. Thanks!

NOTE: AFTER WRITING THIS, I THEN FOUND THAT IT'S NOT MY 'DATE' SETTINGS AT FAULT. APPARENTLY, SOME SORT OF NEW UPDATE HAS ACTUALLY BEEN RELEASED. BUT, IT WASN'T EVEN MENTIONED UNDER THE 'DOWNLOADS' SECTION ON THE CARBONITEADDON HOMEPAGE. THAT STILL SHOWS THAT THE LAST RELEASE WAS WAY BACK IN DEC OF 2011.

Last edited by Kreelor : 05-07-12 at 04:59 AM. Reason: AFTER WRITING THIS, I THEN FOUND A NEWER VERSION -WAS- RELEASED!

05-07-12, 10:57 AM   #45
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Open that file and search for 120327, not the numbers in the other thread. Those numbers equate to YearMonthDay. The day the message started was 2012, March 27, or 120327. Change it to 130327, save the changes, and you should be good to go.

In my "Carbonite.lua" file, they are on line 18168, but I've seen different lines for the same things in Lua files from the same addon before, so...... Hopefully, that is not the case here.
Apparently when they fixed the nag message they rewrote, re-ordered, or added(?) some other things.

The date you're looking for is 120807, and it is now on line 13967. I had to find it by searching for the function line "function Nx.Sec:VaT()" which is the function the message is part of. That function starts on line 13965 and ends on line 13973. Nine lines of code, but one of them occasionally causes some serious irritation.

I'm not too sure why you would have to change the date, though. If you updated Carbonite to the latest (4.301) version, the nag is gone. You'll start getting it again on August 7, 2012 if there are no further updates til then.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 05-07-12 at 11:21 AM. Reason: More....

05-07-12, 02:14 PM   #46
Kreelor
A Firelord

Thanks, Jeffy162. That function name is what I was hoping to get. I appreciate it.

I noticed that somebody fixed only 1 thing in this 'patch'. However, along the way, something else got corrupted. I posted that in a separate topic early this morning. That bug has disappeared, mysteriously, since I posted about it.

1 little date-nag fix in nearly 6 months. Jee Whiz. But, I still love this addon, even as broken as it is!

Thank you for replying!

05-07-12, 02:25 PM   #47
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

06-02-12, 06:33 AM   #48
Panzerbjørn
A Defias Bandit
I am in the same situation with Carbonite.
It is now actively slowing down my game and I have to look for alternatives. This is a shame as it was really quite good.

08-30-12, 09:49 AM   #49
Tithulta
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
My thinking is to make the map data tables a separate file, so others could add or edit zones.
I would also fix basic errors caused by changes in the expansion.

Those would keep the addon usable for and after the expansion.

That would be FANTASTIC, as truth be told the part I can't seem to live without or find a replacement for is the fantastic and irreplaceable Map.

09-10-12, 11:57 PM   #50
Edrahil
A Defias Bandit

Oh how short memories are today. The authors of Carbonite aren't unreasonable, they are just adults with lives away from WoW. All those throwing about the recent rage should look back and see what has gone before. If the maps were parsed out to a different folder, we wouldn't have half the drama seen over time. Still, even if everything was running perfectly someone would find a reason to rage.

09-12-12, 03:38 AM   #51
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Only thing I can contribute to these Carbonite threads is add; maybe users don't need a nag message? I mean if they run an old version they probably experience problems, so they check wowi/curse regardless and look if there is an update, hehe.

In any case, the version nagging is a bit overkill atm. ^^

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite outdated ?