01-10-10, 02:19 PM   #1
kishkumen123
A Murloc Raider
KGpanels profile settings

Ok, so basically this is what i want to do, i have 2 specs pve and pvp and for pve i use only one bar so i have my KG panels that are made for my bar set small in side so they fit my bar perfectly, and now when i change spec to pvp spec it stays the same size, but in pvp spec i use more than one bar, i use about 3 or 4 and i want to make it bigger for that.

so i tried doing this, making 2 profiles each one has different settings and while this worked for every other addon, such as bartender, pitbull, quartz and others its not working for KGpanels.

i am currently experamenting and trying to make it work but if anyone can help me plz give me sudjestions. again i want it small to fit one bar for pve and big to fit 3 or more in pvp.
01-10-10, 02:37 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
kgPanels is a little different from other addons in that it uses profiles as well as layouts. So it is entirely possible to have 5 different profiles that are using the same layout while only having to create that layout one time. The advantage of this is if your using an addon like reflux you can change the panel layout without ever having to change the profile. The only thing you will need to do differently is make sure you have 2 layouts. One for each profile.

An example:
you create 2 different layouts

1. PVP
2. PVE

Then after you are done with that part you make your profiles. Enable a profile then click on the layouts section and enable the layout you want to use for that profile.

That should do it. =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-10-10, 03:52 PM   #3
kishkumen123
A Murloc Raider
hmm thank ill try that.

um but can you explain exactly how i set the panel to the profile? i did not really see anything like that.

i have the latest version of the addon.

thanks

Last edited by kishkumen123 : 01-10-10 at 03:56 PM.
01-10-10, 08:45 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

All you do is create a layout. In that layout you set the panels you want and how you want them. Repeat for any additional layouts you wish to have.

Then as you make different profiles you pick a layout for that profile. The layouts are on the left side menu near the top. just expand the section and you will see the layouts you have created. Select the one you want for the current profile and click the activate button.

Your selecting the layout for a particular profile, not a particular panel. Ill try and show what im talking about in some screen shots when i get a chance if you haven't got it set up by then.

--EDIT--
Here are the screen shots.

This one shows the overall layout section and creating a new one:

This one shows activating a layout:

This one shows the profiles section:

Note that the layouts and profiles are separate. Within my current profile (called shiny in the picture) i can activate any of the layouts i have created without the need to make a new profile. If your using the exact same layout in both cases and just need 2 profiles for a switching addon (like reflux) then you just activate the same layout in each profile. If the layout varies slightly then you activate the appropriate one for each profile. Once activated for a profile the addon will always use that particular layout for that particular profile.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 01-10-10 at 09:02 PM. Reason: added screen shots and more info.
01-11-10, 07:45 AM   #5
kishkumen123
A Murloc Raider
ok i understand how it works now.
last question, is there a way to copy the panels from one layout to another other than doing it one by one? like just move them all? with the same settings.

Last edited by kishkumen123 : 01-11-10 at 07:56 AM.
01-11-10, 10:47 AM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Yup. Looking at the second screen shot you'll notice under the activate option there is an export button.

Once you have a layout set the way you want it hit the export button and follow the instructions at the bottom of the window that pops up.

Then go to make a new layout as shown in picture 1. Note the import section. Make a name for the new layout in the "import as" section. Make sure its a different name from the original layout.

In the large box below that just paste the info you copied from the export window in to that box (ctrl-v) then click the import button.

You should see the new layout name you made appear in the left hand window. Then just go in to it and tweak any windows you might need.

01-11-10, 03:34 PM   #7
kishkumen123
A Murloc Raider
hmm i understood everything you said but its not working right. i think im doing something wrong, let me walk you threw exactly what i did.

i opened Layouts and selected the layout that i wanted which was 100% complete for me and is my PVE layout configuration. i clicked on export, i selected all of the text and then copied it. then i clicked on the Layouts tab to make a new layout. i selected a layout name different from the other, it gave me an option to click okay so did. then i added a name to import as which i named different from the Layout name, again it asked me to press okay and i did. now in import layout i simple did ctrl v and it pasted all the text that i copied and i clicked accept which is under the text window, and then i clicked create.

Layout name- Warrior PVP
Import as..- Warrior Kong

also when i made the new Layout and it didnt show me anything i clicked on export and it also didnt show me and text just to make sure that it did copy and it just wasnt set to the right opacity or something. and none of the panels were copied.

Last edited by kishkumen123 : 01-11-10 at 03:38 PM.
01-11-10, 07:29 PM   #8
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

To test this is what i did.

Opened kgpanels config and selected one of my existing layouts. clicked export and copied all the text from the box then closed the window. NOTE: when i tried using ctrl-a it just turned me in a circle so i selected all the text by dragging the mouse.

I then clicked layouts, entered a name to import as and called it mytestlayout and paste the text (ctrl-v) in to the box and clicked accept. I then hit the import button. When i did this the scroll box for the text began to scroll so i held the button down (just in case) till it hit the bottom then hit import again and my new layout appeared as mytestlayout on the left. It is an exact copy of the original layout i imported from.

i think the issue may have come from giving the layout a name up top and an import as name. try it again but just give it a name in the import as section and make sure the text box is scrolled to the bottom before you hit import.

See if that helps.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » KGpanels profile settings