08-03-10, 10:18 PM   #1
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So Anyone Else Going...

...to GenCon?

This will be my very first time going and I think the hubby's second or third time. For those who don't know, it's a Gamer's Convention that was created by Gary Gygax that is all about, you guessed it! Roleplaying Games!

Just kinda curious since I know alot of folks are in support for Blizzcon, but money can only support one Convention a year!

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!
08-03-10, 11:12 PM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I won't be going, but please give my regards to the spirit of Mr. Gygax. I remember him and his creations with a lot of fondness.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
08-03-10, 11:56 PM   #3
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Smile

Thanks, voodoo! I plan on taking lots of piccies and hope to capture the spirit that thrives in all of us, gaming! So to any of you that are interested in seeing them, I will gladly post them when I get back!

08-03-10, 11:58 PM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Haven't been to GenCon since it left good ole Milwaukee.

Have fun there! Share your pics!
08-04-10, 12:21 AM   #5
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Definitely share the pics!

Now I'm wishing I could find those hundreds of meticulously hand-painted Ral' Partha miniatures I had back in the seventies... Guess it'll distract me while I'm reinstalling the beta client at least!

08-04-10, 05:28 AM   #6
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
<snip>
Now I'm wishing I could find those hundreds of meticulously hand-painted Ral' Partha miniatures I had back in the seventies...<snip>
Remember his balrog miniature, named Ral? I always found that hilarious.

EDIT: I actually found proof that this existed.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
08-09-10, 09:26 AM   #7
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Well, after 6 exhausting days of walking, talking, and money spending on books, hats, and lots and lots of dice, we're currently driving back to Illinois for some much need rest. The hubby has a little bit of con krud, but he's doing fine outside of that.

I made sure to take lots of piccies, but not so much on costumes as I did with just the atmosphere of the place and what we encountered. Also have a few stories to share as well, but that may have to wait when I can type on the computer, and not the keypad of my droid phone. I'll off-load the piccies when I get home to you guys.

08-09-10, 08:26 PM   #8
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Remember his balrog miniature, named Ral? I always found that hilarious.

EDIT: I actually found proof that this existed.
Man, that was one of the prides of my collection. Took me FOREVER to get a proper mix of metallic/iridescent - yellow/orange/red for the flaming sword.

One of those things you agonize over in your teens lol. If you're a D&D geek, anyway...

08-09-10, 09:38 PM   #9
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

http://picasaweb.google.com/106583116420685589432

This is the current album of pictures that I have been able to upload that I thought to be interesting so far. I did take some videos but haven't uploaded them yet. I did, however, have one cool story to share since some of you will see the picture of the phone text so let me explain!

We were at the Least I Could Do Booth on Thursday to stop by and say hi to Lar and Ryan. I got the picture of Lar and proceeded to look through the books and got the first three volumes of Looking for Group. Lar signed them and Becker called Ryan over to sign them as well. As soon as he was done, I got my Droid phone out and he of coursed posed. Both Becker and Ryan asked me what kind of phone it was and handed it to them. Ryan commenced in looking it over and went to my text messages...

Ryan: You have a message here from Jason Olmo...
Me: Yeah, that's the hubby (who was standing next to me).
Ryan: It says here, "Meet me up front"...I'm going to reply!

We both looked at each other and grimaced knowing this could end badly.

He then proceeds to text on my phone and hands my phone back. Jason's phone receives the message and opens up the text to the response! Hilarity ensued...

Shortly thereafter, I got a "Yield to Me" shirt. Their Intern asked me what size...

Me: Medium please...
Intern: Ryan! Medium Yield!
Ryan: Medium Me to Yield coming up!

Ryan quickly grabs the shirt package and just throws it at him like one would a tightly packed snowball to the face.

Yeah, a card that man is! I also received a free piece of swag to go on my keychain since I forgot to bring a Red Bull to the man. We stopped back by with two Red Bulls, only to hand them to Lar in hopes that they would get to him. Found out that he got food poisoning Saturday, but all in all, fun fun!

More to come later on.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » So Anyone Else Going...