11-30-11, 10:46 AM   #1
Lunchbox.Charlie
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
4.3 update: Some fixes to Carbonite add on.

I have created some fixes for the Carbonite add on. You have to do 2 things to make it compatible for 4.3.

PLEASE FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS!!!

1. Download the following zip file and copy over the Carbonite folders with the ones in your World of Warcraft add on directory. This fixes some LUA errors, removes the 'This Carbonite is old' message and enable Carbonite not to be out of date according to WoW. These are all fixes I found around the forum. I consolidated and edited for you.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=20537

You can download it here temporarily until the mod is approved by WoW interface:

**Removed** Was approved by wow interface, you can download it from here now. Use the link above.

2. There is a bug with the mini map icons in 4.3. To fix this you have to turn off 'Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay'. To get to this you have to right click on your Carbonite C next to the Minimap and select options. Then select Map Minimap and you will see 'Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay'. Select it then give it the option of 0 to turn it off. (This will turn off blinking nodes on the mini map. But this will fix your mini map.)

This should fix Carbonite to be completely usable. Enjoy.

Last edited by Lunchbox.Charlie : 11-30-11 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Fan update is now on wow interface.

11-30-11, 10:55 AM   #2
Lunchbox.Charlie
A Fallenroot Satyr
** Removed **

Last edited by Lunchbox.Charlie : 11-30-11 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Accidental double post.

11-30-11, 11:01 AM   #3
schwim
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Working super-duper. Thanks very much for packing this up for us!

11-30-11, 11:04 AM   #4
Lunchbox.Charlie
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by schwim View Post
Working super-duper. Thanks very much for packing this up for us!

No problem! It's a pain in the arse when an add-on like this (which is a lifeline to a lot of people) is broken. It is my pleasure.

11-30-11, 12:21 PM   #5
ipwizard
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks man, Haven't tried it yet but Im sure it will work.

11-30-11, 12:25 PM   #6
Lunchbox.Charlie
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by ipwizard View Post
Thanks man, Haven't tried it yet but Im sure it will work.
Not a problem. It will definitely work.

11-30-11, 12:27 PM   #7
marinereef
A Defias Bandit
yes it is! and thank you for the fix, I suck without this add on, Im so used to it.

11-30-11, 12:37 PM   #8
thebutler4
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by marinereef View Post
yes it is! and thank you for the fix, I suck without this add on, Im so used to it.
your not the only one! I depend on this add on so much that when its broke .. I don't even play .. lol

11-30-11, 12:39 PM   #9
Lunchbox.Charlie
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by thebutler4 View Post
your not the only one! I depend on this add on so much that when its broke .. I don't even play .. lol

I am glad I could help you!

11-30-11, 12:55 PM   #10
DaneKast
A Defias Bandit
Ok, since you've endeavored to deploy a fix (and for that, I thank you...) I'm going to go ahead and ask you.

The fix has solved several problems. I can see a map OTHER than the zone I'm currently in (previously, any other zones were totally greyed out,) and I've used the "set glow to 0" to fix my nodes...

My current issue is that I'm not seeing any QUESTS appear on my map. Any ideas? I hate not just being able to run to the colored blobby area...

11-30-11, 01:00 PM   #11
Lunchbox.Charlie
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by DaneKast View Post
Ok, since you've endeavored to deploy a fix (and for that, I thank you...) I'm going to go ahead and ask you.

The fix has solved several problems. I can see a map OTHER than the zone I'm currently in (previously, any other zones were totally greyed out,) and I've used the "set glow to 0" to fix my nodes...

My current issue is that I'm not seeing any QUESTS appear on my map. Any ideas? I hate not just being able to run to the colored blobby area...
I am not too sure about that problem. I don't have that problem on my Carbonite. You might have to re-install the add-on. You could also try removing the carbonite saved variables in: <World of Warcraft Installation>/WTF/Account/YOURACCOUNTNAME/Saved Variables

Just remove all the variables with Carbonite in the name. Make sure world of Warcraft is not running when you do this though. This will reset Carbonite to default.

Last edited by Lunchbox.Charlie : 11-30-11 at 01:02 PM.

11-30-11, 01:04 PM   #12
nitronline
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks so much for this

11-30-11, 01:04 PM   #13
DaneKast
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Lunchbox.Charlie View Post
I am not too sure about that problem. I don't have that problem on my Carbonite. You might have to re-install the add-on. You could also try removing the carbonite saved variables in: <World of Warcraft Installation>/WTF/Account/YOURACCOUNTNAME/Saved Variables

Just remove all the variables with Carbonite in the name. Make sure world of Warcraft is not running when you do this though. This will reset Carbonite to default.
I'll give that a whirl, thanks.

11-30-11, 01:06 PM   #14
Lunchbox.Charlie
A Fallenroot Satyr
Also, you will see colored balls on your quest tracker.. make sure the purple ball, next to the green one is colored and not dulled out. If it's dulled out it will not show the colored blobs on the map. It'll say "auto track" when you hover over it.

11-30-11, 01:14 PM   #15
Lunchbox.Charlie
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by nitronline View Post
Thanks so much for this
No problem.

11-30-11, 01:21 PM   #16
Lunchbox.Charlie
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by DaneKast View Post
I'll give that a whirl, thanks.
K, let me know if that worked.

11-30-11, 01:44 PM   #17
Lunchbox.Charlie
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by marinereef View Post
I am glad I could help.

11-30-11, 01:54 PM   #18
Cobaltius
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Thanks, Carbonite is working great now, surprising how dependent one can become with certain addons like this one.

11-30-11, 02:13 PM   #19
Lunchbox.Charlie
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
Thanks, Carbonite is working great now, surprising how dependent one can become with certain addons like this one.

Yeah, I know the feeling... for sure.

11-30-11, 02:24 PM   #20
jarda128
A Cyclonian
Thank you guys,
for making these fixes !!!
Although developing of this addons is unsure,
i hope that devs with fans could at least fix bugs
Long live CArbonite !!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » 4.3 update: Some fixes to Carbonite add on.