02-26-07, 11:56 PM   #1
s3rial
A Defias Bandit
Something like Autobar for abilities?

Here's the deal... I play a hunter. I have too bloody many abilities to hotkey without getting garbage all over my UI.

I want to get something similar to Autobar to use for my Aspects, Tracking, and maybe just a miscellaneous bar; something that'll be out of the way when I don't need it, but shows up when I do.

At the moment, I know Venantes does something similar, but it's not at all customizable, and for the way I'd like to lay out my UI, the menus fly out in the wrong directions.

Any idea what I may be able to use?
02-27-07, 01:40 AM   #2
sonofgloin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i am using trinity but i'm sure any other button mod will achieve the same results. also i am a buttonbasher, not a clicker. so what i did is put all aspects, traps and pet abilities (call,mend,attack) on bars that are shrunk to their minimum and set to alpha level 0. this way i have all buttons i want and still a clean interface.

hope this helps.
02-27-07, 02:49 AM   #3
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

ZHunter is a great package. just disable the things you don't need or want.
02-27-07, 06:14 AM   #4
lingering
A Cliff Giant

Bongos is really good and has class bars and stuff try that it is a full button replacement for the button GUI
02-27-07, 07:08 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sonofgloin
so what i did is put all aspects, traps and pet abilities (call,mend,attack) on bars that are shrunk to their minimum and set to alpha level 0. this way i have all buttons i want and still a clean interface.
If you don't actually want visible action buttons, you don't have to put them on bars at all. WoW 2.0 lets you bind keys directly to spells, abilities, macros, and items without them being placed on action buttons. There are a couple addons designed specifically for configuring action-button-free keybinds; my personal favorite is SpellBinder.
02-27-07, 06:21 PM   #6
mulesh
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by s3rial
Here's the deal... I play a hunter. I have too bloody many abilities to hotkey without getting garbage all over my UI.

I want to get something similar to Autobar to use for my Aspects, Tracking, and maybe just a miscellaneous bar; something that'll be out of the way when I don't need it, but shows up when I do.

At the moment, I know Venantes does something similar, but it's not at all customizable, and for the way I'd like to lay out my UI, the menus fly out in the wrong directions.

Any idea what I may be able to use?
Fizzwidget TrackMenu
Mousing over the minimap tracking icon (the part of the Blizzard default UI that shows which tracking skill is currently active) will show a menu of the tracking skills you have. Click a button in the menu to switch to that tracking skill.

AspectBar (updated)
Addes a row of buttons for your Hunter's aspects.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Something like Autobar for abilities?