08-12-12, 03:08 PM   #1
footsoldr2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
nUI + CT Viewport + Eyefinity(2 monitors) + Noob = Chaos

Greetings.

I'm trying to setup WoW to take advantage of two 1280x1024 monitors combined using Eyefinity with CT_Viewport to shift the character to the right hand monitor. I have read as many threads as I can find, but have not had success.

I can get CT_Viewport to make the shift of the character to the right half. nUI is stretched across the full (2 monitors) screen. I saw the news that stated /nui viewport toggles diabled/abled (http://www.nuiaddon.com/index.php/th...50721-released). When I enter that, each time it states disabled, never abled. My char is in SW and not in combat.

I edited one of my characters nUI.lua files per the instructions here (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=20917) using the settings 0.5 and 0.64125. That reduced the overall size and it was centered between the full 2 screen width.

I was going to attempt the changes to the main nUI file identified here (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ight=eyefinity), but in comparing the file that was posted by spiel2001 (the last one http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...7&postcount=12) to my current file they seem different and I was afraid to simply use the one posted since there have been version changes since then.

I apologize in advance if I am dragging you back through a trivial solution again.

Thank you in advance for your patience

08-12-12, 03:36 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just in case it is the reason it didn't work bear in mind that you have to use the nUI viewport toggle twice for it to work. Thanks for reminding me about it. Will have to take a look at if there is a programmatic reason it is doing that.

As to the adjustments to the file. Make a copy of the file that you have as standard and then make the specific changes Scott has mentioned. Regardless of the lines around the block of lines he is talking about it should hopefully work.

I don't use dual monitors so I can't help you with that side of thing as I am unable to test changes out for you.

08-12-12, 04:01 PM   #3
Seer
A Molten Giant
Have you tried http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=32257 ?

Don't think the viewport command will do any good here, as the it only moves it up, not sideways right?

*note that Eyefinity makes 1 big screen, not 2 x 1 screen, the game (neither the OS kinda) is "aware" there are 2 monitors.

Last edited by Seer : 08-12-12 at 04:06 PM.

08-12-12, 04:21 PM   #4
footsoldr2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you for the response.

In the version of the file I have these lines (located near the top of the file) and I changed the value from 0 to 1400 and it did not change anything.
nUI_BottomBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOM", nUI_MasterFrame, "BOTTOM", 0, 1400 );
nUI_TopBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOM", nUI_MasterFrame, "TOP", 0, 1400 );

However in his example he shows the following. Should I add these lines to the code since they state "BOTTOMLEFT" and "TOPLEFT"?
nUI_BottomBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOMLEFT", nUI_MasterFrame, "BOTTOMLEFT", 0, 0 );
nUI_TopBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOMLEFT", nUI_MasterFrame, "TOPLEFT", 0, 0 );
I also tried with changes to the very end of the file, again with no change. However that is listed after the final "end" statement.
nUI_MasterFrame:SetHeight( 1024 );
nUI_MasterFrame:SetWidth( 1280 );
nUI_MasterFrame:ClearAllPoints();
nUI_MasterFrame:SetPoint( "BOTTOM", UIParent, "BOTTOM", 0, 1400 );
nUI_MasterFrame:SetPoint( "TOP", UIParent, "TOP", 0, 1400 );
Thank you.

08-12-12, 04:31 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Where the code fragment he has shown is 2 years old you would have to look at the code that existed at that to identify what specific change he is talking about.

since 2010 there has been reported a problem with the viewport option in regards to certain zones so he may have changed nUI to resolve this issue while blizzard sort it out. This could mean that dual monitors isn't possible but I don't know.

To download the files that far back go to the download page as normal and click on the other files tab and scroll down the archive files until you see the one just before the date he posted that comment. Look at the file he is talking about and hopefully the only difference is the highlighted number. The first number is the left to right value and the second number is the top to bottom or rather bottom to top in wows regards rofl.

So theoretically simply changing that first number and doing a reload should have an effect on the UI.

I wish I could help you further but this is an area of nUI that I have never touched.

08-12-12, 04:42 PM   #6
footsoldr2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Have you tried http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=32257 ?

Don't think the viewport command will do any good here, as the it only moves it up, not sideways right?

*note that Eyefinity makes 1 big screen, not 2 x 1 screen, the game (neither the OS kinda) is "aware" there are 2 monitors.
Thank you for the response.

I tried that and it did not change anything.

I did note that in the example in http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=32257
that it shows
nUI_BottomBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOMRIGHT", UIParent, "BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 0 );
nUI_TopBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOMRIGHT", UIParent, "TOPRIGHT", 0, 0 );
Whereas my version of the file has
nUI_BottomBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOMRIGHT", nUI_MasterFrame, "BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 0 );
nUI_TopBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOMRIGHT", nUI_MasterFrame, "TOPRIGHT", 0, 0 );
I may just be doing this completely wrong.

Thank you.

08-13-12, 10:06 AM   #7
footsoldr2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I saw this thread (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ight=eyefinity ) and realized I was changing the wrong value. So I made the change as follows to the Interface > AddOns > nUI > Main > nUI.lua file, but nUI still sits centered between the two monitors. It did not appear to move at all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- everything in nUI is anchored to, and a child of, the dashboard anchor
-- frame or one of the bar anchor frames. The purpose in doing this is to tie
-- everything into a universal scale so that nUI can adjust itself to fit
-- whatever display it is thrown at.

nUI_BottomBars.Anchor = CreateFrame( "Frame", "$parent_Anchor", nUI_BottomBars );
nUI_BottomBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOMRIGHT", nUI_MasterFrame, "BOTTOMRIGHT", 1400, 0 );
nUI_BottomBars:SetPoint( "TOP", nUI_BottomBarsLocator, "TOP", 0, 0 );
nUI_BottomBars.Anchor:SetPoint( "TOP", nUI_BottomBars, "TOP", 0, 0 );

nUI_Dashboard.Anchor = CreateFrame( "Frame", "$parent_Anchor", nUI_Dashboard );
nUI_Dashboard:SetPoint( "BOTTOM", nUI_BottomBarsLocator, "TOP", 0, 0 );
nUI_Dashboard.Anchor:SetPoint( "CENTER", nUI_Dashboard, "CENTER", 0, 0 );

nUI_TopBars.Anchor = CreateFrame( "Frame", "$parent_Anchor", nUI_TopBars );
nUI_TopBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOMRIGHT", nUI_MasterFrame, "TOPRIGHT", 1400, 0 );
nUI_TopBars:SetPoint( "BOTTOM", nUI_TopBarsLocator, "BOTTOM", 0, -115 );
nUI_TopBars.Anchor:SetPoint( "BOTTOM", nUI_TopBars, "BOTTOM", 0, 0 );

nUI.BlizUI = CreateFrame( "Frame", "nUI_BlizUI", UIParent, "SecureFrameTemplate" );

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps I am editing the wrong file?

Thanks in advance for your help and patience.

08-13-12, 01:47 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I thought that was the idea of that thread, if you look at the screenshots they show with their queries the screen is slightly off center and they were wanting it to be dead center.

Try tweaking the values higher and lower and see how it moves it on the screen when you reload the UI.

08-13-12, 08:14 PM   #9
footsoldr2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well I changed the values as shown below and the result is no change that I can see. I put in different values so that I might detect a change between the two.
nUI_BottomBars.Anchor = CreateFrame( "Frame", "$parent_Anchor", nUI_BottomBars );
nUI_BottomBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOMRIGHT", nUI_MasterFrame, "BOTTOMRIGHT", 2500, 0 );

nUI_TopBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOMRIGHT", nUI_MasterFrame, "TOPRIGHT", 300, 0 );
Is the range of values huge so that the values I am using are micro changes?

Thank you.

08-14-12, 02:56 PM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
No, 1400 to 300 and 1400 to 2500 should be noticeable difference enough, so I'm not sure what else you can do.

08-14-12, 03:27 PM   #11
footsoldr2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well I'm getting closer. I killed all my addons except for nUI and CT_Core and CT_Viewport. I have the following settings in the Interface > AddOns > nUI > Main > nUI.lua file:
nUI_BottomBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOMRIGHT", nUI_MasterFrame, "BOTTOMRIGHT", 2000, 0 );

nUI_TopBarsLocator:SetPoint( "BOTTOMRIGHT", nUI_MasterFrame, "TOPRIGHT", 2000, 0 );
This moved it to the right, but high up and made the nUI frame quite tall (see attached jpeg).

I then realized I had made a change to the values at the end of the file so I changed that back:
nUI_MasterFrame:SetPoint( "BOTTOM", UIParent, "BOTTOM", 0, 0 );
nUI_MasterFrame:SetPoint( "TOP", UIParent, "TOP", 0, 0 );
Which yielded the second picture.

So now I just need to move the top dashboard over. Anyone know which code line does that?

Thank you for your help and patience.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoW & nUI.jpg
Views:	979
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	7069  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoW & nUI 2.jpg
Views:	802
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	7070  

Last edited by footsoldr2 : 08-14-12 at 03:50 PM. Reason: found a change just after I had submitted it

08-14-12, 04:15 PM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
It looks like the values that you are changing are the locator frames. The dashboard doesn't appear to have locator frames looking at that code.

However, theoretically, you could change the setpoint Line in the middle block for the dashboard section, to be top right rather than just top and top left rather than bottom. But I suspect it will make things worse. Make a copy of the file first though just in case it doesn't work.

08-14-12, 07:52 PM   #13
footsoldr2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
In the latest twist, I loaded all my addons and it moved back to the center.

So I will work on discovering the culprit. Unfortunately I am an addon addict. Once I figure it out I'll post the findings.

08-15-12, 07:16 PM   #14
footsoldr2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well I found that it is Bazooka that affects the shift. Which is unfortunate because I really like it.

I still have not had any success at moving the mini menu at the top to the right. Maybe that is controlled by another file?

Thanks.

08-16-12, 12:28 AM   #15
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
The menu at the top is linked to the top bars section. Moving that part should in theory move it.

08-16-12, 04:36 PM   #16
footsoldr2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well I tried changing various values to get the top menu to move to the right to match the panel with no success.

I decided to quit playing with that and switched to an alt and behold - it was moved.

So I copied the nui file over to the toon I had originally been working with and it also moved to match the nUI top panel in the center of the right screen.

I compared the files and noticed a couple of things, one the entries nUI_Options section are in a different order across all of my toons. I also found a couple of fields in the older file (menu not moved) that did not exist in the newer file. One jumped out - ["viewportDisabled"] = false,. However I experimented by deleting it from the older file and that did not make a difference in that the top menu remained between the two monitors. I'm going to refrain from using the /nui viewport command as that only seems to toggle disabled. Entering it twice yields the same response of disabled.

I have uploaded the two files in case these can assist Scott, although I know his focus is on the newer version.

Now I need to look at replacements for Bazooka and see if I can find one that works with the shift.

As always thank you for your patience and assistance.
Attached Files
File Type: lua nUI - Menu not moved to right.lua (3.9 KB, 598 views)
File Type: lua nUI - Menu moved to right.lua (4.1 KB, 600 views)

08-16-12, 06:51 PM   #17
footsoldr2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well I tried Chocolate Bar and that moved them back to the left centered between the monitors. So it appears that while nUI works with the data view bar addons in normal mode, something in them does not accept the shift.

Back to the experiment.

08-16-12, 07:33 PM   #18
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
nUI has to be coded specifically to look for certain bar addons and shift the top bars down accordingly.

This is either done within nUI itself or as a plugin.

The following I believe are built into nUI
Titan Panel
Bazooka
ChocolateBar
Fubar

The respective files that make the changes are inside the integration folder.

And these are plugins for the respective bar addons:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...injaPanel.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...onBazooka.html

08-17-12, 06:25 AM   #19
footsoldr2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I tried the Bazooka integration. A message popped up saying that the functionality was already built into nUI and it then disabled the addon. End result was nUI shifted back to the left, centered between the monitors.

So still a conflict with the data viewers.

08-17-12, 08:22 AM   #20
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
okay, it might be the case that the bazooka file inside the nUI addon folder needs to be tweaked with the values to get it moved.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI + CT Viewport + Eyefinity(2 monitors) + Noob = Chaos