05-19-10, 04:22 PM   #1
markv
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
KGUI v2.10 w/ Multi-Resolution Support.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...6766-KGUI.html

I've had a couple of requests for my UI so I packaged it up and released it here on WoW Interface. I just finished creating it on Tuesday so I am sure there will be some things that don't work 100%

Feel free to make comments or suggestions or if you have any questions ask away.

Last edited by markv : 05-26-10 at 04:42 PM.
05-19-10, 04:34 PM   #2
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I like the general theme and it looks very slick, but there are some things which just seem unnecessary: the odd, often distorted gradients; separate panels for damage text; some general unevenness.

Although I must say, this is one of my favourite bottom-panel UIs of late. Good job! (You've also reminded me that ArkInventory is pro.)
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa
05-19-10, 04:43 PM   #3
markv
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Wella View Post
I like the general theme and it looks very slick, but there are some things which just seem unnecessary: the odd, often distorted gradients; separate panels for damage text; some general unevenness.

Although I must say, this is one of my favourite bottom-panel UIs of late. Good job! (You've also reminded me that ArkInventory is pro.)
yeah I need to pick up a new alignment program which I'll do some time this week and probably tweak the bottom some more, I know things are a bit off but hey the UI is only 2 days old, literally!

The gradients are just something I've been playing around with, you can easily change those in kgPanels. I still don't know what I want for my background on them so I am trying them how to see how I like them.

Separate panels for damage is because I wanted to move my damage out of the main portion of my screen, but still need to monitor both incoming and outgoing from time to time, and it just kind of made it symmetrical on the bottom.

I'm kind of strapped as to what to put down there in those spots if I don't put the scrolling combat text there.

If you've got some tips/tricks for making the panels the same size/etc etc i'm all ears. I've not done a lot of futzing around with kgPanels and that so I'm not overly versed on it.
05-19-10, 05:57 PM   #4
markv
A Fallenroot Satyr
hah I'd like to say thanks Wella, your comment about the MSBT location made me think of what I could put there to replace it. I've always wanted to play around with eavesdrop so I'm tinkering with it trying to get it to work so it lines up as Player in one box target in the other.

Should be interesting to see when I'm done. I'll just have to clear out some combat recap stuff which shows up in the middle and looks weird.
05-20-10, 02:46 AM   #5
markv
A Fallenroot Satyr
Alright I uploaded v2.01 and it should have most of the changes needed done to it. There are a few things I want to fix but I need to delve in to some lua code for eavesdrops and whisp to fix the issues with them so they're just going to have to stay a bit wonky for now.

Let me know your thoughts on it.

Wella let me know how the alignment looks for you as I posted a new screenshot with some raid frames showing.
05-22-10, 07:09 PM   #6
markv
A Fallenroot Satyr
Updated the release to v2.10. Finalized the dps layout and added in multiple resolution support. Also added in /command to resize / reposition chat windows to make setting up easier.

Also started working on a healer setup but that won't begin in earnest for another week or so, waiting for input from people about how it looks.

I will also start working on reducing the release size down even more by shifting some of the fonts/graphics I use from other mods in to a central location and using that instead.

Last edited by markv : 05-22-10 at 07:20 PM.
05-25-10, 10:14 PM   #7
Ahucha
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by markv View Post
Updated the release to v2.10. Finalized the dps layout and added in multiple resolution support. Also added in /command to resize / reposition chat windows to make setting up easier.

Also started working on a healer setup but that won't begin in earnest for another week or so, waiting for input from people about how it looks.

I will also start working on reducing the release size down even more by shifting some of the fonts/graphics I use from other mods in to a central location and using that instead.
I've set up the healer version and have widened the chat frames to work with 1920 x 1080. Tomorrow I'll set up Grid for a 40 man raid in the provided space. I'll post again as soon as I get it configured. Worst case for me would be to return the chat frames to their intended size and widen the center frame, but that really won't do for anything other than my resolution.

I use a very busy grid/clique configuration on my resto druid. One way or another we'll make this work.

Thanks for an awesome UI. It's nice and clean with a low profile.
05-26-10, 01:12 AM   #8
Wella

Glad to see you're still going strong on this. New screenshots, perhaps? Also, please check that everything is perfectly aligned, because there are one or two sloppy mistakes here and there (only a couple of pixels, but they really jar). Also, I'd suggest using a square map with no border to make use of the whole panel. It seems a bit of a waste to use a square panel and a circular SexyMap, to be honest.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa
05-26-10, 04:41 PM   #9
markv
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Ahucha View Post
I've set up the healer version and have widened the chat frames to work with 1920 x 1080. Tomorrow I'll set up Grid for a 40 man raid in the provided space. I'll post again as soon as I get it configured. Worst case for me would be to return the chat frames to their intended size and widen the center frame, but that really won't do for anything other than my resolution.

I use a very busy grid/clique configuration on my resto druid. One way or another we'll make this work.
I should have another version released hopefully by this weekend with the inclusion of a player/pet frame (pet frame was an oversight, player frame was a request from people in guild who don't use nor want to use a hud). Also stripped out a bunch of UIs and reworked some of the font/graphic linking so it makes more sense. Basically I think the UI is down to about an 8-9 meg zip from before. But I'll also be including some saved variables for things like DXE and that so if someone chooses to use it they don't need to go about setting up the location for it.

I was re-thinking the healer setup and was wondering if maybe it made more sense to break up the center frame in to two parts. It would mess symmetry a bit, but one portion (larger) for raid frames and a 2nd smaller portion for buff/debuff tracking of their choice. I'm also thinking of bumping the height of it by splitting the action bars to be side by each instead of stacking. This may increase the profile a bit in size but it all depends on what kind of spacing I can do and re-arranging of the LDB display bars to maybe shrink their width a bit.

Wella, I'm not using SexyMap It's just Chinchilla + a power aura around it. It's already aligned so if you choose square instead of round it'll look like it fits in. I did it circle simply because there was no square power aura graphic available to do what I wanted to, which was an outline coloured based on the stance I was in. As for the alignment, it's slowly getting better, but FML in regards to this per pixel alignment. There needs to be a manual pixel adjustment in every mod made IMO, editing luas and reloading every time is painful.

Also, is there any way to edit the thread title by chance that anyone knows of?
05-26-10, 05:58 PM   #10
Ahucha
A Murloc Raider
I should have another version released hopefully by this weekend with the inclusion of a player/pet frame (pet frame was an oversight, player frame was a request from people in guild who don't use nor want to use a hud). Also stripped out a bunch of UIs and reworked some of the font/graphic linking so it makes more sense. Basically I think the UI is down to about an 8-9 meg zip from before. But I'll also be including some saved variables for things like DXE and that so if someone chooses to use it they don't need to go about setting up the location for it.

I was re-thinking the healer setup and was wondering if maybe it made more sense to break up the center frame in to two parts. It would mess symmetry a bit, but one portion (larger) for raid frames and a 2nd smaller portion for buff/debuff tracking of their choice. I'm also thinking of bumping the height of it by splitting the action bars to be side by each instead of stacking. This may increase the profile a bit in size but it all depends on what kind of spacing I can do and re-arranging of the LDB display bars to maybe shrink their width a bit.

Wella, I'm not using SexyMap It's just Chinchilla + a power aura around it. It's already aligned so if you choose square instead of round it'll look like it fits in. I did it circle simply because there was no square power aura graphic available to do what I wanted to, which was an outline coloured based on the stance I was in. As for the alignment, it's slowly getting better, but FML in regards to this per pixel alignment. There needs to be a manual pixel adjustment in every mod made IMO, editing luas and reloading every time is painful.

Also, is there any way to edit the thread title by chance that anyone knows of?
As far as debuffs go most folks use decursive. That takes up very little space and would work well in a small frame. Grid/clique or healbot would need the larger frame.

The closer they are in proximity the easier it is to monitor and react quickly in game. Holler when it's updated and I'll look at it again. There's no reason we can't set up a decent PVP profile for grid as long as there is room for a 40 man raid in the box, (av healing). A second profile for PVE healing based on the max 25, (at least until cataclysm), would allow more room for other panels, perhaps moving the threat window back down.
05-26-10, 10:15 PM   #11
markv
A Fallenroot Satyr
If / when you get a chance post me a screenshot of what you've done for changes so I have a bit of an idea. I'm actually working on fixing the whisper mod that's included with it so the font for it isn't messed up and using a system font that I don't want it to use.
05-27-10, 03:09 AM   #12
markv
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ahucha give me your thoughts on this layout I just finished for grid. Not everything is lined up 100% and that but it's a basic idea to start with. Let me know if that's kind of something that would work for healers.

05-27-10, 03:13 AM   #13
Wella

Much better. I'm actually starting to like this UI quite a bit, although it's nothing I would use myself. By the way, I would avoid saying 'If you want to change it, you can', because a UI should always be plug-and-play (apart from perhaps choosing between a healer profile and a DPS/tank profile, a la TukUI). You should always choose what's best for the UI rather than forcing the user to make a decision, because they've already made quite a big one to decide to use your UI.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa
05-27-10, 06:33 PM   #14
Ahucha
A Murloc Raider
Ahucha give me your thoughts on this layout I just finished for grid. Not everything is lined up 100% and that but it's a basic idea to start with. Let me know if that's kind of something that would work for healers.

That is a beautiful layout. My only personal concern is the grid window. It looks to be fine for 25 man, although maybe a little tight.

Personally I run grid at 30x60 pixels. It also looks like the buff window may actually be bigger than needed, but only practical testing will show that.
What you have done with the bars is much better than the stack.

I do like the new layout.

We could possibly put the map and chat 3 further toward center and then use the larger right chat frame for grid and the map frame for decursive. Symmetry is not an issue here; I think it could balance well, and that could free up a little more center space if you resize.

Your work is awesome. It's worthy of having predifined class profiles to make it easier for players, especially predefined grid for different classes, as this has the makings of a great healing ui. Switching layouts for dual spec would be a great feature too. Switch everything back to where you have it now for DPS and Tanking classes, with a threat based grid warning on smaller grid frames in the middle, right next to your omen, (or skada threat window for continuity). Home run. Seriously good work.
05-27-10, 08:01 PM   #15
markv
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'll look at widening it up a bit more. right now I'm looking at 39x52 @ .90 scale and it looks like I can squeeze out some more space in there. I'm hesitant to get rid of omen from the area because a bunch of the paladins in my guild commented on the fact that they love it front and center so they know who to salv etc or who might need healing pretty quick.

Thanks for the input on the grid sizing.
05-27-10, 08:22 PM   #16
Ahucha
A Murloc Raider
I'll look at widening it up a bit more. right now I'm looking at 39x52 @ .90 scale and it looks like I can squeeze out some more space in there. I'm hesitant to get rid of omen from the area because a bunch of the paladins in my guild commented on the fact that they love it front and center so they know who to salv etc or who might need healing pretty quick.

Thanks for the input on the grid sizing.
Grid/clique would solve that for them with the proper set up. Simple click of the flashing square that's in the middle, different clicks for different heals.

Really, though, the best method is what everyone is used to. Different can be a problem if there's a steep learning curve. I just hate to see two identical addons running at the same time.

I'm happy to set up class specific grid profiles. All I really need is the frame appearance and I'll take care of the rest.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » KGUI - 1680x1050 @~ 1/3rd UI Scale