09-24-14, 11:27 AM   #1
Jansus
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Anyone up for updating an addon?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but http://www.wowinterface.com/download...FanUpdate.html is the addon, great addon, it was updated by a fan at one point but has become broken again.
Mostly works, seems to be an issue with changing fonts (haven't checked all settings), adding font outline crashes the wow client. I tried to update it myself but it's way over my head.

I know a lot of people would love to see this working again.
09-24-14, 02:28 PM   #2
Malakahh
An Aku'mai Servant
Sorry to break it to you, but this is unlikely to happen.

The first reason is the time required to do it. If someone is interested in doing it, they would have updated it already, and if they don't, are you going to compensate them for the time spent? Programmers are expensive.

The second reason is the copyright issues. I see no specification of copyright on the authors page nor in an attached license file in the addon itself, defaulting it to All Rights Reserved, meaning derivative works are not allowed. (This has possibly been an issue in the linked addon as well, assuming the author wasn't given permission by the original author.)

Your best bet would be one of the following (in no particular order): 1) Code what you need yourself; 2) Get the original author(s) to update their addons (though if the author is not updating it, they probably don't have any interest in doing so); or 3) Use another of the numerous nameplate addons out there.
09-25-14, 12:56 AM   #3
Danielps1
I have to agree with Jansus. I don't think you will see an update happening.

There are enough Nameplate addons out there this one has no special reason to get updated. Just look for another nameplate addon.
09-25-14, 02:36 PM   #4
Jansus
A Fallenroot Satyr
Another user messaged me and told me how to fix the few problems with it. Never hurts to ask!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Anyone up for updating an addon?