11-08-14, 05:02 AM   #41
MoonWitch
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I tried the original Sensei back when I was beginning my search... the side buttons were too far back and really hard to reach without completely adjusting my grip on the mouse, and the wheel was way too stiff. The only change it looks like the Raw version has is a rubberized surface instead of shiny chrome.
Twas worth the suggestion. I am weary of "trying" mice that cost me more than food at work for a month. However, I find it hugely annoying that my middle mouse doesn't accept clicks in WoW (I used to bind that one to Leap of Faith, shift click; rez etc... I have a set habit for bindings on all characters).

Looks small in the pictures, but it says it's the same length as the Taipan... might be worth checking out if I get tired of the Taipan and all of the used Intellimouses I just ordered for $20-25 each are defective.
How many did you buy? I am curious now :P
11-09-14, 02:34 AM   #42
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by MoonWitch View Post
I am weary of "trying" mice that cost me more than food at work for a month.
It only cost me return postage to try, since I bought it on Amazon with free shipping. :P

But I agree that it is annoying having to order it, wait for it to arrive, try it out, be disappointed, and send it back. Also seems silly to spend $50-100 for a fancy gaming mouse when I really don't need any of their special features, they just happen to be the only ones that come in "ambidextrous shape with more than 2 buttons" models.

How many did you buy? I am curious now :P
I bought 3. All were marked as "Like New" or "Very Good" from third-party sellers on Amazon. If they all work, that should keep me stocked up until mice are no longer a thing. The one I bought (new) in 2002 would probably still be just fine if I took it apart and cleaned out whatever is making one of the buttons sticky, but I'm not exactly sure how to take it apart (no screws or apparent snap-together points) so I haven't tried.

Last edited by Phanx : 11-09-14 at 02:37 AM.
11-09-14, 02:52 AM   #43
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The one I bought (new) in 2002 would probably still be just fine if I took it apart and cleaned out whatever is making one of the buttons sticky, but I'm not exactly sure how to take it apart (no screws or apparent snap-together points) so I haven't tried.
Mouse screws are often covered by their feet/glide pads.
11-09-14, 04:13 AM   #44
AlleyKat
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

SS Sensei or Genius NetScroll 100
11-09-14, 07:10 AM   #45
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by semlar View Post
Mouse screws are often covered by their feet/glide pads.
Yes, this is almost always the case. I've had to fix and clean a lot of mice over the years. If in doubt, Google something like "disassemble intellimouse" to be sure.
11-09-14, 10:01 AM   #46
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Originally Posted by Talyrius View Post
Yes, this is almost always the case. I've had to fix and clean a lot of mice over the years. If in doubt, Google something like "disassemble intellimouse" to be sure.
I swear, it's fun :P

Meh, I should continue on writing (nanowrimo) and research (work - powershell)
11-14-14, 04:11 AM   #47
Phanx
Cat.

The first one has arrived, and it is fully functional (and programmed in multiple techniques)... BEHOLD, THE GLORY OF THE INTELLIMOUSE!

(and it's so much less yellow from oxidation than my old one, too!)

Edit: Anyone want a Razer Taipan? I don't want any money for it, and will even mail it for free (within reason) but if you want to throw me a Cinder Kitten or the upcoming BABY SPACE GOAT OMG SO CUTE or something I wouldn't complain. Send me a PM!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BEHOLD.jpg
Views:	832
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	8298  

Last edited by Phanx : 11-14-14 at 04:19 AM.
11-14-14, 07:11 AM   #48
MoonWitch
A Firelord
The first one has arrived, and it is fully functional (and programmed in multiple techniques)... BEHOLD, THE GLORY OF THE INTELLIMOUSE!

(and it's so much less yellow from oxidation than my old one, too!)

Edit: Anyone want a Razer Taipan? I don't want any money for it, and will even mail it for free (within reason) but if you want to throw me a Cinder Kitten or the upcoming BABY SPACE GOAT OMG SO CUTE or something I wouldn't complain. Send me a PM!
If I didn't live in Belgium which makes it very bizarre shipping; I'd jump on it. And a Cinder Kitten can be gifted right?
11-14-14, 07:32 AM   #49
Phanx
Cat.

If I didn't live in Belgium which makes it very bizarre shipping; I'd jump on it. And a Cinder Kitten can be gifted right?
Yes, it can, and I just looked up shipping rates to Belgium; it's about the same cost as a real money pokemon. PM me if you want to make a trade.
11-14-14, 07:42 AM   #50
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

All I can say is, Jebus, from the little bit of your picture Phanx, I wish my desk was spic and span like that!

And I recognize that mouse, that was my first mouse and it was pretty goodly back in the days when I was playing counter strike.

I would recommend the Logitech MX Revolution as that was my favorate mouse but I do not believe it is in production anymore..but I miss the free wheel spin logitech has...

- Winston Churchill
11-14-14, 08:31 AM   #51
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Miralen View Post
All I can say is, Jebus, from the little bit of your picture Phanx, I wish my desk was spic and span like that!
I had to dust it after looking at the picture... almost re-took the picture but decided not to bother. The rest of my house is pretty disorganized and frankly filthy in places, but my desk is actually important, dammit!

... and now, of course, it is a sacred temple to the glory of the Intellimouse once more.
11-14-14, 12:00 PM   #52
10leej
A Molten Giant

This is all better than my desk qq, and yes I do use both the computers at the same time the bigger one is my nas

(honestly it's really just a temporary setup so I haven't cared much for cleaning it up)
11-14-14, 12:18 PM   #53
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
This is all better than my desk qq, and yes I do use both the computers at the same time the bigger one is my nas

(honestly it's really just a temporary setup so I haven't cared much for cleaning it up)
CRT? Really?
11-14-14, 12:19 PM   #54
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

I had to dust it after looking at the picture... almost re-took the picture but decided not to bother. The rest of my house is pretty disorganized and frankly filthy in places, but my desk is actually important, dammit!

... and now, of course, it is a sacred temple to the glory of the Intellimouse once more.
I somehow figured that your desktop area was organized. Mine is a disaster.
11-14-14, 01:24 PM   #55
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
This is all better than my desk qq...
Wow, that picture is like a time machine all the way back to 2005 or so. Not only is that a CRT, but it looks tiny... 17 inches? How do you even live?!

Originally Posted by rocnroll View Post
I somehow figured that your desktop area was organized. Mine is a disaster.
It will be even more organized when my ROBOT ARM ARRAY arrives, though I may need to reinforce/replace my cheap folding table excuse for a desk before I can install it.
11-14-14, 01:50 PM   #56
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Anyways. I am gonna shoot a mouse suggestion just for the hell of it. I gave into this mouse my co-worker told me about and bought it. FireGlider Optical... This mouse is simply amazing. No issues at all and fits the hand perfect. Two of my friends bought it as well and retired their Nagas for it.
11-14-14, 01:55 PM   #57
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
My mouse: Gigabyte M6980x
I need something a little more ergonomic and slanted, and I like to rest my palm on the mouse. I could use something with a bit more of a slant, though... Would try this, but don't think I'd be able to slide in my keyboard tray with it.

The only picture I have of my desk right now is when I got my 27" monitor, and everything was cleared off it from cleaning. So... It's way messy right now, and I'm not about to take a picture of it for you.

Also:
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-14-14, 08:20 PM   #58
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Wow, that picture is like a time machine all the way back to 2005 or so. Not only is that a CRT, but it looks tiny... 17 inches? How do you even live?!

It will be even more organized when my ROBOT ARM ARRAY arrives, though I may need to reinforce/replace my cheap folding table excuse for a desk before I can install it.
Oh, I have the older version of that (no cable management or USB hub). They are awesome. Unfortunately, my temp desk will not support them.
11-14-14, 08:54 PM   #59
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by rocnroll View Post
Oh, I have the older version of that (no cable management or USB hub). They are awesome. Unfortunately, my temp desk will not support them.
I'm pretty sure mine won't either, and they'll end up sitting in the corner for 6 months until I finally get around to replacing my desk. I've been "setting up a home media server" for the last year... it's still not operational, but at least I finally got around to assembling all the components a couple weeks ago. A friend once told me the government should investigate how to weaponize my laziness. I think he was on to something. >_>

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
However Mamba is NOT cheap, but it's worth it if you want a quality/smart mouse for the next 4-5 years.
Also just noticed this and giggled at the last part... my first Intellimouse lasted 12 years (and is really still quite usable) so now that I have three more, I think I'm pretty much set on mice to last through the robot apocalypse.

Last edited by Phanx : 11-14-14 at 09:00 PM.
11-14-14, 09:39 PM   #60
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I think I'm pretty much set on mice to last through the robot apocalypse.
Assuming they're not in on the apocalypse too.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Looking for mouse recommendations