05-15-13, 03:54 AM   #1
BloodEagle
A Theradrim Guardian
Is there a way to make Carbonite's minimap round?

I love Carbonite, but the UI skin that I use requires me to have a round minimap that goes in the center.

When I came back to WoW, and installed Carbonite, I saw the merged minimap feature, but can find no way at all to make the Carbonite minimap round and resizable so I can stick it in that gaping round hole on my screen.

I went through all the options with both the map and minimap, unchecking the "make square" and the only thing it seemed to do was make the blizz minimap inside the full map round or square.

Any help is appreciated.

What we communicate is as important as How we communicate.

05-15-13, 07:07 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
unfortunately carb's map is always square... there is no making it round.

05-15-13, 02:02 PM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by BloodEagle View Post
I went through all the options with both the map and minimap, unchecking the "make square" and the only thing it seemed to do was make the blizz minimap inside the full map round or square.
You said: "the UI skin that I use requires me to have a round minimap"

If what you did and said is true; you wrote: "...the only thing it seemed to do was make the blizz minimap inside the full map round..." then doesn't that solve your problem? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here???

I've always wondered why Blizzard has failed in allowing us to resize its minimap. At 1920x1080 (on my 23" wide HD monitor), it's damned near impossible to see anything, even when zoomed in to max! But, that's a different issue than yours.

05-15-13, 07:24 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe you should try to modify the graphics that you UI uses. That way your Carbonite map will fit it.

If your using SpartanUI, there used to be a skin for it featuring a square minimap.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 05-15-13 at 07:35 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Is there a way to make Carbonite's minimap round?