10-17-13, 09:05 PM   #1
Jansus
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Problems packaging UI

I've read the forum post on how to package your UI to share it. Things like KGpanels are ok, but dominos action bars are all over the place, recount position is right but settings are off (title background color and font) Tellmewhen is not positioned right and so on.

I've saved the interface folder and WTF.
The WTF folder has WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SERVERNAME\CHARACTER

I'm testing it by removing my original wtf and interface folders, then installing it like how it should be, changing the account, server and character. But the UI only sets up properly for the character I originally created it on.

What am I missing? I thought the entire layout would be copied to whatever character I renamed the folder to exactly as I had it on my original character.
10-17-13, 09:18 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Have you looked at what profiles your addons are set to?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-17-13, 09:24 PM   #3
Jansus
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yeah, i just noticed that for Dominos and Tellmewhen is probably the same.

I'm using SlDataText which isn't displaying properly and I see no options for profiles for that. Same with recount title and background colors are not saving, I don't believe that addon has profile options either.

EDIT** Nvm, you're right, it's all addons with profiles, works fine once that's done. Thanks!

Last edited by Jansus : 10-17-13 at 09:34 PM.
10-20-13, 01:16 PM   #4
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

You may replace SlDataText with Bazooka and the Broker Plugins you need. Also better don't use addons with saved variables per character. Thats easy to share than you just have to share 2 folders:
Addons
and \WTF\Account\ACCNAME\SavedVariables
Also suggest using nibProfileLoader to make it easy to load your profils.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Problems packaging UI