04-21-09, 10:44 PM   #1
ParaLord
A Murloc Raider
Small minimap ping

I dont know if anybody else is having this problem, or just me. When I ping the mini map, the ping is really small and only pings in one spot.

Is this due to one of my other add ons?

04-22-09, 06:02 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It was from changes to how the minimap worked in patch 3.1.

Carbonite 3.11 fixes the minimap dot, icon and ping scaling and the ping being in the wrong position.

04-22-09, 10:08 PM   #3
Bastiene
A Fallenroot Satyr
I dont see a ping at all in my map at any scale

Update: if I undock the minimap I get a ping in the standard Blizz Minimap window.

Also if I have the minimap Docks Always selected it pings. Seems this is the key Option stopping the ping when not checked you can not ping like you used to be able to in the circle or sqaure that follows you around.

Last edited by Bastiene : 04-23-09 at 10:31 AM.

04-23-09, 05:28 PM   #4
Soapster
A Murloc Raider
I am having the same problem. Only now I can't ping at all.

nor see any pings.. well I can sort of see them under part of the map but VERY hard to see.

Last edited by Soapster : 04-23-09 at 06:37 PM.

04-24-09, 07:47 AM   #5
Soapster
A Murloc Raider
OK, here is a short vid that shows what Im experiencing. Its large, but high quality is needed if you want to see th pings, or the attempt at pings.

Right at the beginning Im trying to ping that map.. the rest of the map is showing how the gatherer icons are now tiny.

http://files.filefront.com/Carbonite.../fileinfo.html

MP4 format... 1080i. Quicktime should be able to play it, or VLC Media player.
It works in my Windows Media Player, but I'm not sure if that is standard.

04-24-09, 10:05 AM   #6
ParaLord
A Murloc Raider
With the recent update, the ping is correct. I do not have the problem anymore.

04-24-09, 07:41 PM   #7
Soapster
A Murloc Raider
did you watch the video?
it's not working...

04-24-09, 09:56 PM   #8
stormkeep
Drunken Dorf

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Soapster View Post
did you watch the video?
it's not working...
DId you read what he said? The most recent update fixes this. It is not necessary to watch your video because both of your stated problems were resolved by the update put up on 4/22/09. I assume you just didn't understand that there was an update since the major patch update.

04-25-09, 11:48 AM   #9
Soapster
A Murloc Raider
I do have 3.11 and its not fixed. Or there's a setting that is off.

Its updated as much as I can.\

I've had to resort to separating the Carbonite map from the Wow map. And running 2 again like when I was using the free version.

Last edited by Soapster : 04-25-09 at 11:51 AM.

04-25-09, 12:19 PM   #10
Bastiene
A Fallenroot Satyr
I do have 3.11 and its not fixed. Or there's a setting that is off.

Its updated as much as I can.\

I've had to resort to separating the Carbonite map from the Wow map. And running 2 again like when I was using the free version.
Mine is that same as I stated before works if separated but combined there is no ping in the minimap circle, unless you have DOCKED ALWAYS checked.

04-25-09, 07:54 PM   #11
stormkeep
Drunken Dorf

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Bastiene View Post
Mine is that same as I stated before works if separated but combined there is no ping in the minimap circle, unless you have DOCKED ALWAYS checked.
Try shift-clicking in the minimap circle when it's overlayed (rather than docked), that should generate your ping.

04-26-09, 05:40 PM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OK, here is a short vid that shows what Im experiencing. Its large, but high quality is needed if you want to see th pings, or the attempt at pings.

Right at the beginning Im trying to ping that map.. the rest of the map is showing how the gatherer icons are now tiny.
Left clicking is used to drag the Carbonite map. When over the minimap circle it works the same way, since I do not want it all of a sudden pinging stuff while I am trying to click and drag the map. To ping you have to shift left click the minimap. You can't drag the Blizzard minimap view around, so when it is docked, left click pings regardless of if the shift key is down.

We no longer dynamically scale the Blizzard minimap, since that now also scales the tracking dots/icons. We keep the minimap frame by default at a 1.0 scale, which means addons that attach child frames to the minimap are now using a 1.0 base scale, which I would think would make them the exact scale the addon author wanted them. Gatherer should have a scale option to make their minimap icons larger.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Small minimap ping