09-12-12, 04:24 AM   #1
zeldanoyousei
A Defias Bandit

Minimap isnt showing dungeon "Eye" button

I need some help with this issue, the "eye" on the mini map isnt showing up until i get rid of carbonite's map option. It's a pain when I have to constantly do this when I need to port out of the dungeon

09-12-12, 05:23 AM   #2
RedEagle
A Murloc Raider
I'll second that, worse there is no way to teleport out and in easily with Carbonite 5.041 enabled. For some instances teleport out and in for quest turn ins is very helpful.

09-12-12, 07:43 AM   #3
alivejamie
A Murloc Raider
This is so frustrating, I should have kept Rythal's version installed

When my teammates ask me to leave queue I have to logoff, disable Carbonite, logon, leave queue, logoff, Enable Carbonite and log back on.

09-12-12, 01:35 PM   #4
reaper.dk
A Kobold Labourer
Yes please fix this.

Some douchebag made a mage portal just before the last boss in LFR which i clicked on and then i couldn't teleport back.

09-12-12, 08:33 PM   #5
Dedkah
A Murloc Raider
Yup!!! Should have kept Rythal's version. I now have the same problem I had before I put in Rythal's fix.

Just FYI Rythal's version of carbonite has been posted on Pirate Bay !!!!

Just look up Rythal in the search bar, and it should show:

"Carbonite-4.301 w/ Rythal 50407 update"

Edit: Totally switched back to Rythal's Carbonite fix... much happier. I HIGHLY recommend you all do the same. <3 Much better than a broken quick fix with the same problems it had before!

Last edited by Dedkah : 09-13-12 at 12:06 AM.

09-13-12, 09:23 AM   #6
Tohrture
A Defias Bandit
Wow, the vultures are a' circling! Give em a chance to fix it, geez. FYI you do not have to log out of wow and turn off carbonite, blah blah blah... just go into the carb options and uncheck the box that says put wow minimap in the carbonite mini map... this will restore the wow mini map to the top right corner of your screen with the LFR/LFD button, and you can still keep your carbonite minimap up if you want as well. Works fine for me as i keep the carb mini map on the bottom of my screen anyway. This can hold you over til a fix is implimented.

People bitch bitch bitch when an update isnt lying in wait for them the second a major patch hits, then bitch bitch bitch when an update is made and it isnt 100% perfect... never happy!

09-13-12, 07:23 PM   #7
Dekara
A Kobold Labourer
Try to recall...

That Rythal's first fix didn't contain the fix for the eye in it either. He eventually fixed it, just as I'm sure the Carbonite crew will.

09-20-12, 11:24 AM   #8
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

dungeon eye, and other fixes posted at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44327

09-23-12, 03:06 PM   #9
mavebjm
A Kobold Labourer
i'm also having problems where the dungeon finder isnt showing up on my screen what so every i have tried disabling all my other addons and left carbonite running. i have gotten to the point where i had to uninstall carbonite and it still wouldnt work. then i reinstalled world of warcraft and it works fine. i think some files from carbonite is getting left behind after you uninstll it. please fix as soon as panderia comes out thank you

09-24-12, 10:24 AM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mavebjm View Post
i'm also having problems where the dungeon finder isnt showing up on my screen what so every i have tried disabling all my other addons and left carbonite running. i have gotten to the point where i had to uninstall carbonite and it still wouldnt work. then i reinstalled world of warcraft and it works fine. i think some files from carbonite is getting left behind after you uninstll it. please fix as soon as panderia comes out thank you
If, and that's a really "big" word, you just go to your "WoW\Interface\AddOns" folder and delete just about ANY addon (not JUST Carbonite), you really aren't "uninstalling" it. You also have to delete all of the addons "SavedVariables" files to completely uninstall it.

Now, in Carbonites case (as with most other addons), you would go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" and delete any Carbonite files you find there. Carbonite ALSO puts a "SavedVariables" file IN EVERY ONE OF YOUR CHARACTERS THAT YOU USED IT ON "SavedVariables" FOLDER. Those particular files you can leave behind, though, since they only contain that characters known flight points (Flight Masters). If you really want to be thorough about it, in Carbonites case anyway, you would have to go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\ServerName\CharacterName\SavedVariables\" folder FOR EVERY CHARACTER THAT USED CARBONITE and delete the Carbonite files there also.

I've seen posts on a couple of WoW forums about people having problems with WoW doing odd things after an addon has been "uninstalled" (or deleted, really) that their game didn't do until they used the addon they just "uninstalled". Typically, it's either things not showing up from the default UI, or they show up but at an odd spot. The fix for that was usually deleting the removed addons "SavedVariables", so that no trace of it remained. If that didn't work, the recommended repair was to back up your "WTF" and "Interface" folders and reset the default UI, then add your addons and saved variables back in later. Reinstalling World of Warcraft is usually only recommended in extreme cases where absolutely nothing else worked. You might not have known about that, though, so you did the only thing you could think of that would definitely fix the problem. A less intense solution, but possibly more lengthy, time wise. IE: It might take more time to reinstall WoW then to go through the other steps.

The solution for the dungeon "eye", and several other fixes, is also in the first post of This Thread. If you don't feel like going through the code to repair it (or don't know how), you can also find it already done for you Here.

Of course, with MoP going live at midnight, this just might all be moot. We all know that Blizzard doesn't always keep things the way they are in the Beta tests when they go live, so I'm waiting to see how bad things are. I intend to be playing WoW when MoP goes live, so if WoW addons break and you hear a giant scream from the northeastern US, it's just me.

However, the way you fixed it worked and you're back playing WoW, albeit (the way it sounds) without Carbonite.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-24-12, 08:35 PM   #11
jktz122
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
If, and that's a really "big" word, you just go to your "WoW\Interface\AddOns" folder and delete just about ANY addon (not JUST Carbonite), you really aren't "uninstalling" it. You also have to delete all of the addons "SavedVariables" files to completely uninstall it.

Now, in Carbonites case (as with most other addons), you would go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" and delete any Carbonite files you find there. Carbonite ALSO puts a "SavedVariables" file IN EVERY ONE OF YOUR CHARACTERS THAT YOU USED IT ON "SavedVariables" FOLDER. Those particular files you can leave behind, though, since they only contain that characters known flight points (Flight Masters). If you really want to be thorough about it, in Carbonites case anyway, you would have to go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\ServerName\CharacterName\SavedVariables\" folder FOR EVERY CHARACTER THAT USED CARBONITE and delete the Carbonite files there also.

I've seen posts on a couple of WoW forums about people having problems with WoW doing odd things after an addon has been "uninstalled" (or deleted, really) that their game didn't do until they used the addon they just "uninstalled". Typically, it's either things not showing up from the default UI, or they show up but at an odd spot. The fix for that was usually deleting the removed addons "SavedVariables", so that no trace of it remained. If that didn't work, the recommended repair was to back up your "WTF" and "Interface" folders and reset the default UI, then add your addons and saved variables back in later. Reinstalling World of Warcraft is usually only recommended in extreme cases where absolutely nothing else worked. You might not have known about that, though, so you did the only thing you could think of that would definitely fix the problem. A less intense solution, but possibly more lengthy, time wise. IE: It might take more time to reinstall WoW then to go through the other steps.

The solution for the dungeon "eye", and several other fixes, is also in the first post of This Thread. If you don't feel like going through the code to repair it (or don't know how), you can also find it already done for you Here.

Of course, with MoP going live at midnight, this just might all be moot. We all know that Blizzard doesn't always keep things the way they are in the Beta tests when they go live, so I'm waiting to see how bad things are. I intend to be playing WoW when MoP goes live, so if WoW addons break and you hear a giant scream from the northeastern US, it's just me.

However, the way you fixed it worked and you're back playing WoW, albeit (the way it sounds) without Carbonite.
how do i sticky or save this post because this is one of the most important and to the point fix for the many ails we get from the many add ons

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap isnt showing dungeon "Eye" button