01-09-13, 05:39 AM   #1
Khalten
A Murloc Raider
Tracking Quests Activates Blizz Q Watcher

First off Carbonite in game says 5.101, Curse says i have 5.1.1 installed. Im pretty sure 1.1 isnt the same as .101 but maybe thats how releases look?

Anyways, since the first update yesterday when im questing and I press the button in the carbonite quest watch window to track that quest. It works fine and the waypoint pops up but it also activates the blizz quest watcher. I know you can completely disable the blizz watcher with the "Hide Blizzard Tracker" option but I like to have it enabled as its the only way to see the objective window in scenarios.

I also have the "Modify game opjective settings: Instant, no auto watch" option enabled. Previously that was enough to keep the blizz tracker empty and therefor off my screen unless I was in a scenario.

Not sure if its a bug or I was just lucky carbonite worked the way I wanted it to previously.

Also when I untrack a quest the blizz window closes. I have no idea if carbonite uses the blizz track mechanics but its seems to be doing that now. Activating and deactivating quests in the default track as well as the carbonite tracker.

If anyone knows of an option that will get it back on track please let me know.

Thanks

01-09-13, 07:00 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Find the option sync blizzard track list in quest options and turn it off, when that's on it sets your watched quest as watched in blizzards at the same time.

Tho for scenario's, there is also an option to show the objectives in carbonites watch list in the same spot.

01-09-13, 07:30 AM   #3
Khalten
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for that. That option has always been on historically for me and it never make blizz tracker pop up. The option says "Enables minimap blobs to work" not sure what the blobs are and will i miss those blobs? Who knows when you may really need a blobby mini map. Either way, something changed if I have to turn it off to stop that happeneing. At present though after my last reboot I have lost the little buttons that let you track quests in the carb watch window.

think I saw a post about that somewhere will go see whats been said there.

Thanks again.

01-09-13, 07:34 AM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Hmm.. forgot the description says that, a few versions back before I had digsites & quest blobs on the carbonite map, the only way to see quest area's instead of just points was to enable that option. After I got them onto the carbonite map I had originally removed that option since it wasn't needed, but people requested it's return so the minimap would still show the area's along with the main map.

Not sure yet what's going on with the little buttons, can you provide a screenshot?

01-09-13, 07:52 AM   #5
Khalten
A Murloc Raider

As you can see the top two completed quests have the button enabled. But this button only appeared after completing the quests.

The bottom quest is still incomplete and therefor has no button for tracking the quest. Seems abit turned around there But even still, when quests completed previously you could still track them back to the quest giver.

Hope this helps.

Jay

01-09-13, 07:56 AM   #6
Khalten
A Murloc Raider
Also if it helps. If the button is orange which I think are the "Quest not in database" quests, then the button appears for them. Of course its unusable as they arent in the database. I also find that if im not in the zone where the quest is then its orange for me until i do a /reload. But someone else may of mentioned that. Its no big deal as /reload is easy enough.

Jay

01-09-13, 08:37 AM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Interesting.... I just tried dailies from every faction and it's only the ones in kasarang doing that (at least to me)

Tried asking other carbonite users if they've noticed it anywhere but wilds, but seems people on moonguard never update lol

Will try and get it fixed soon (I did notice as soon as I left Kasarang, the shieldwall dailies had the dots show up... but not anglers).

01-09-13, 09:42 AM   #8
clipper
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Hmm.. forgot the description says that, a few versions back before I had digsites & quest blobs on the carbonite map, the only way to see quest area's instead of just points was to enable that option. After I got them onto the carbonite map I had originally removed that option since it wasn't needed, but people requested it's return so the minimap would still show the area's along with the main map.

Not sure yet what's going on with the little buttons, can you provide a screenshot?
We're supposed to be seeing quest blobs on the Carbonite map? I haven't seen quest blobs on the Carbonite map since Cataclysm, all I get is a little colored dot, one per objective.

01-09-13, 10:37 AM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by clipper View Post
We're supposed to be seeing quest blobs on the Carbonite map? I haven't seen quest blobs on the Carbonite map since Cataclysm, all I get is a little colored dot, one per objective.
Right click the map, click "Show", there's 2 options there, one for quests one for digsites.

The quest blobs only appear for the quest your currently tracking
You can adjust the transparency of the blobs in the transparency menu

01-09-13, 11:14 AM   #10
clipper
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Right click the map, click "Show", there's 2 options there, one for quests one for digsites.

The quest blobs only appear for the quest your currently tracking
You can adjust the transparency of the blobs in the transparency menu
Ok, it's weirder than that. The selection pearl, with the location of my only remaining Kasarang Wilds quest objective, re-appeared after I left KW.

And thanks for the hint about blobs, I can't believe I haven't known about that, I even read this board periodically! ;-)

01-09-13, 11:17 AM   #11
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Yeah that happened to me aswell, when I zoned from Wilds to Dread half the quests from shieldwall showed up... Anglers never appeared no matter where I went.

01-09-13, 01:34 PM   #12
Khalten
A Murloc Raider
Seems to be Krasarang for me too. My other toons have the quest watcher working normally.

01-10-13, 07:29 PM   #13
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Khalten View Post
First off Carbonite in game says 5.101, Curse says i have 5.1.1 installed. Im pretty sure 1.1 isnt the same as .101 but maybe thats how releases look?
I'll also mention, that yes ingame 5.101 is the same as 5.1.1 ... I know, confusing I need to change the message so it calculates the major/minor version better.

03-18-13, 05:31 AM   #14
curledlizard
A Defias Bandit
No quest watcher

I just made 90. All was well until I hit the M key to bring up the Carb map. The quest watcher and all its buttons disappeared. It is still working on my lower level toons. I unisntalled Carbonite, reinstalled it and the watcher was back...untill I opened the map again. I unclicked the button for sync with Blizz, and restarted WOW. Same thing. Any ideas?

03-19-13, 01:55 PM   #15
WOWVern
A Cyclonian
What version are you using?

03-25-13, 06:54 PM   #16
curledlizard
A Defias Bandit
Same issue.

Sorry for the delay, Curse downloader has it marked as version 5.1.6, no updates show as available. Just went to the official website and it says 5.041. Do I have something wrong??

03-26-13, 04:22 AM   #17
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by curledlizard View Post
Sorry for the delay, Curse downloader has it marked as version 5.1.6, no updates show as available. Just went to the official website and it says 5.041. Do I have something wrong??
Completely ignore the official website. That was maintained by the original authors of Carbonite and Rythal has no control over it.

WoWInterface is the new home of Carbonite.

03-26-13, 12:47 PM   #18
curledlizard
A Defias Bandit
Love the quote! K. I did download today from the offical website, and it worked... 'til I logged off. Then it was the same prob. Did the download from Wow Interface just now... will see how it goes. TY for ur help = ) K. Did the download from this site. Said it was Carb 5.2 but on download it was 5.106? Still doesn't work. Works on all my other toons except my 90. What can I do to give you the info you need to find out what is wrong? (BTW, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch...same thing).

Last edited by curledlizard : 03-26-13 at 01:13 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Tracking Quests Activates Blizz Q Watcher