06-20-07, 10:53 AM   #1
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Tooltips

I had been using equipcompare up until the recent patch. Since then when im at the quest loot screen it end up doubling the text and making halkf the reason i used it not only hard to eread but also useless.

Im thinking of just replacing it with a mod that allows for multiple tool tips to be opened at once. I know there are a few but im looking for the one with the least frills. If there is one that does just that i havent stumbled across it yet. Any suggestions?

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-20-07, 03:24 PM   #2
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

equipcompare's functionality was built into the Blizzard client with the last patch, that's probably why it is doubling the text. just remove it...it's no longer necessary.

i might suggest, if i may, you check out RatingBuster tho. gives you a large selection of useful info you can add to the tooltips when comparing items.
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
06-20-07, 06:21 PM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My problem is equipcompare also worked for all links not just the quest rewards (which is what blizzard added) if there is way for blizzards to be told to do it for all links then my problem is solved. Otherwise i was hoping to find a mod that allowed multiple independant windows to be opened for say comparing 4 different pieces of gear. Since i havent seen a new version of EC that removed the one from quest rewards only.

Simply put (too late) i want to be ablt to open several item links at once so i can compare more then one item to what i have. I already use rating buster so i have that covered i just prefer to see the stats for myself in the end.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 06-20-07 at 06:29 PM.
06-20-07, 08:42 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
tekKompare
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-21-07, 06:28 AM   #5
Justgiz
An Aku'mai Servant
i second tekKcompare , i used equipcompare before the patch and got rid of it because i thought blizzard added it... i now use tekKcompare. and im loving it. i also use MultiTips, witch is really handy

i also second RatingBuster has made it alot easyer to see if something is an upgrade. LOVING IT

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Tooltips