05-11-09, 05:36 PM   #1
coltoasty
A Murloc Raider

Druid HOTs/Healing on 25-man Raid Frames

Hi guys,

I have the latest nUI+ Dev Release 5.03.02 installed, and have tested this with no other addons installed.

I recently hit 80 with my druid alt and have been learning to heal as Resto.

In 5-mans, I can see my HOTs ticking and I can mouseover to see the time remaining, and they blink correctly when they are about to fall off.

In 10-man raids, this is also true most of the time and works fine.

In 25-man raids, I never see any of my buffs or HOTs show up on the repective players' raid frame.

I tried to search to see if there was already a solution or thread going about this, I couldn't find any so I guess my question is, are HOTs and Buffs from the player supposed to show up on the raid frames, and if so, any ideas what could be causing it not to show? As you can understand, it can be quite confusing to be able to rely on the raid frames and then get dumped in a 25-man and be raid healing blindly. If it isn't supposed to work, does anyone here that uses a resto druid have any suggestions for an addon that does a good job of displaying hots and their respective timers on raid frames?

Sorry if I forgot any details, I didn't remember to take a screenshot last night but if you need, I can take one the next time i'm in a 25-man raid... thanks in advance.

05-11-09, 06:52 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they are not going to appear on any raid frames above the 10 man though I thought they were on the ten man, they may not be. The problem is real estate. There is a fix for this in the works (using Grid style indicators) but it is not yet implemented.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-11-09, 10:56 PM   #3
coltoasty
A Murloc Raider

You're absolutely right, most of the time the buffs/hots appear on the frames in 10-man raids, once in a while it requires a wow client restart, but 25-man never worked.

I guess then what my next question is, what do resto druids use instead until the functionality is added of course

05-12-09, 04:21 AM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Most of the healers are using Grid until I get this all sorted out. Some use healbot.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-12-09, 05:18 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah my resto druid uses healbot. Tried clique and grid but never got to grips with it at all.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

05-12-09, 09:53 AM   #6
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Yeah, I use healbot as well. Have never tried any of the others, but since I started out with healbot I never felt the need to try anything else. I just absolutely love my healbot.

lol

05-12-09, 01:45 PM   #7
Durinbold
A Fallenroot Satyr

Same here! Can't wait for the healbot integration! Seems silly having two sets of player frames on your screen!

05-12-09, 04:51 PM   #8
coltoasty
A Murloc Raider

Thanks for the help, i'll try Healbot out

I can't wait until the functionality is integrated!

BTW thanks for all the great work Scott!

05-13-09, 01:38 AM   #9
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Yup, i use healbot and clique both. Turn off healbot for more screenspace and use clique instead if im not a main healer. Primarily a boomkin but double specced and sometimes duty calls for a tree instead.
not for pleasure
but for survival

05-15-09, 11:14 AM   #10
Tegarbah
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I use healbot as well. One advantage that I have noticed is that it also works as a buffwatch. If one of your available buffs has timed out on one of your group members their bar turns white and when not in combat your left click automatically rebuffs them rather than your normal spell that you have it set up for. Very handy and has let me drop yet another mod.

05-15-09, 06:56 PM   #11
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Tegarbah View Post
I use healbot as well. One advantage that I have noticed is that it also works as a buffwatch. If one of your available buffs has timed out on one of your group members their bar turns white and when not in combat your left click automatically rebuffs them rather than your normal spell that you have it set up for. Very handy and has let me drop yet another mod.
Yeah, I absolutely swear by healbot. I manage buffs and heal with it religiously.

05-17-09, 12:54 AM   #12
coltoasty
A Murloc Raider

Thanks for all the replies folks, I tried it out, default configuration is going to take a lot of getting used to.

I'll see what options I can play with...

Last edited by coltoasty : 05-17-09 at 12:58 AM.

07-20-09, 01:28 PM   #13
shamirkatsu
A Defias Bandit
Druid HoTs in raid frames

It is a required feature for me to see debuffs and HoTs on the raid frames. This can easily be done even in a full 25 or 40 raid using the colored blocks in position that grid or vuhdo use.

I agree that Healbot gets very busy and the buff icons cover the name (normally I have 3 HoTs on tanks in addition to several on many in the raid) which is one reason I don't use healbot any more.

Vuhdo is what I am currently using. I find it friendlier to configure than grid.

I guess I don't need to look at nUI for now then. I was looking for a good UI simplification, but I cannot do without indicators on the raid frames.

I'd be happy just to be able to replace the raid frames with vuhdo, which is what I do now. I use pitbull and vuhdo and my vuhdo completely replaces the raid frames. I use pitbull for the player, target, focus, target of focus, etc.

07-20-09, 11:36 PM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah, I used to do that too before stumbling across nUI. Now I use healbot sitting between the dashboard and the hud when I am healing and sitting in the infopanel when I am not.

I tried using clique so I could use the raid frames but my priest uses too many spells to make it as easy as healbot seems to make it but I guess it is what you are used to.

Characters:

07-20-09, 11:54 PM   #15
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

I never could get in to healbot for healing (sometimes i feel like the only healer in any given raid that doesnt use it lol).

Then again using something like clique is automatic for me. I started off healing with the long gone clickheals addon that evolved in to klik during the BC era and died with the release of WotLK which is when i switched clique.

Ive been the target of a few jokes cause of my dislike for healbot hehe.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

07-21-09, 12:05 AM   #16
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah, my fiance is the opposite. He started out healing with clique so is more comfortable with that one but has tried healbot enough to suggest it to new healers

I do keep trying to go back to clique now that we have nUI to receive the clicks but it just seems awkward for me .. rofl.

Characters:

07-21-09, 12:56 PM   #17
shamirkatsu
A Defias Bandit
Druid HoTs in raid frames

So what will be the solution for HoTs healers? I don't know that it's possible to be effective at a high level unless you can see the HoTs on your healing targets. If nUI isn't going to show the HoTs in raid frames, how do you healers use it? Do you just use healbot above the nUI bottom section, i.e., in the middle of your screen?

If that is the case, then what is the point of using nUI? Why not just use bartender for your bars and healbot/grid/vuhdo for your raid and healing frames?

Or did I miss it and there are HoTs indicators on the raid frames?

07-21-09, 01:33 PM   #18
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by shamirkatsu View Post
If that is the case, then what is the point of using nUI? Why not just use bartender for your bars and healbot/grid/vuhdo for your raid and healing frames?
nUI is much more than raid frames it is an entire interface with tons of features and is constantly evolving, Scott is currently working on the layout engine which will give users a gui to make their own layouts and setups from nUI tailored to their liking , also planned is default layouts for dps healing and tanking situations. As for now as the others have said most use grid for things such as that since there is a plug-in which tucks it into the info panel in nUI. I believe the HOT's are going to be included in nUI's raid frames at some point, there was talk of it awhile back I know, it's just a matter of when it gets done.

Last edited by neuralassassin : 07-21-09 at 02:17 PM.

07-21-09, 04:05 PM   #19
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by shamirkatsu View Post
So what will be the solution for HoTs healers? I don't know that it's possible to be effective at a high level unless you can see the HoTs on your healing targets. If nUI isn't going to show the HoTs in raid frames, how do you healers use it? Do you just use healbot above the nUI bottom section, i.e., in the middle of your screen?

Or did I miss it and there are HoTs indicators on the raid frames?
As assassin said we use nUI for the rest of the options and eagerly awaiting the new changes to add more flexibility. But the hot indicators ? I have no idea on that as when I am healing I look at healbot ( which yes I place above the dashboard - for my personal ease of use ) and heal those that are losing health automatically. But then even healbot I don't think shows other peoples hots just your own and that could possibly be how the unit frames work.

Characters:

07-21-09, 05:18 PM   #20
shamirkatsu
A Defias Bandit
Druid HoTs

Thanks for the clarification on how you use nUI.

Just as an aside both grid and vuhdo have an indicator on the raid frame for the player that shows other heals on them. They also can show the current health and the health after the incoming heals (your heals and others) land.

I'll just keep watching for future versions of nUI then. It's attractive, but it would actually make my screen busier than it is right now (bartender, pitbull, quartz, vuhdo, ct_viewport) given that I'd have to have nUI above the nUI bar.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Druid HOTs/Healing on 25-man Raid Frames