10-13-09, 09:28 AM   #1
passey
A Defias Bandit
Loading pre-compiled UIs.

Heya.

I got a problem with using pre-compiled UIs (Like Remix UI and many others). When I put them into my WoW folder, adjust my "WTF" folder and go ingame it's all a mess, of course. When I now try to load all the profiles needed it seems that I still see the mess I had before.
Same goes for Remix UI's feature /reflux switch remix. It fixes moves SOME bars and frames but not all.
And that's the problem with ALL pre-compiled UIs. Except SpartanUI - this one worked like a charm.

Is it maybe because I use Linux?
Any help welcome
10-13-09, 10:13 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Shouldn't matter if its linux since the UI code executed by WoW itself. So long as the folders are all in the right places that is.

Assuming they are, one thing to look in to is your UI scale. The compilations don't always contain the config.wtf file which holds certain settings. One of which is the UI scale. This file is located immediately inside the WTF folder. I recently made a UI for a friend of mine and intentionally did not include this file. I had forgotten to tell him to set his UI scale and as a consequence his set up was initially all over the place.

Enter the video settings in the game and at the top is a box that is labeled "use UI scale". Make sure its checked. Then its a matter of making sure the scale is set the same as the creator intended. You might read the description page for the packages you have downloaded to see if they mention a scale setting. This is of course assuming they did not provide the above file. You can check by downloading the compilation to your desktop and seeing if the file is indeed there or not.

It's the only thing that comes to mind for your issues.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
10-13-09, 10:18 AM   #3
passey
A Defias Bandit
Ahhh, so you have to overwrite the config.wtf.
I didn't knew that, sorry. I always kept it because of the settings I had adjusted to make WoW look well. Thank you . I'll try it out now.

Edit/

It works! Thank you so much!

Last edited by passey : 10-13-09 at 10:27 AM.
10-13-09, 08:06 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Glad it worked for you. =)

Happy gaming =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
10-14-09, 02:32 PM   #5
over9000
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation very similar problem

Hey im having a very similar problem, with remix UI as well. I backed up the old and copied the new folders, and changed the account folder names (both before and after running wow) and when I type in "/reflux switch remix" it seems like nothing changes or moves at all. So I was going to try to load profiles from each addon individually, but it didnt find anything besides the default stuff and "remix" which i believe is just there because i did /reflux switch. Any help anyone has for me will be greatly appreciated, this is turning out to be a big headache.

oh I also tried downloading a different compilation too, and it does the same thing. and i also tried adjusting the scale, but theres something else wrong =/

the most significant thing i found wrong was the fact that the player frames and such all had default settings, it seems like all the scripts and all the customized mod settings didnt load or whatever the case may be. Thanks again in advance!

I also have the Curse.com software installed, and to be honest I dont know if its interfering with anything, i would think not because im not running it and the curse "addon" is not in the pack.

Last edited by over9000 : 10-14-09 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Had to edit?
10-14-09, 11:10 PM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

The curse software wouldn't be causing any problems so i wouldn't worry about that. The first suggestion i have is to make sure when you rename your folders, specifically your account name folders that you are using the name of the account and not the battle.net log in.

The reason i suggest this is simply because if the frames are still at their default look then the addons are not seeing the saved variables in the WTF folder correctly. Its one thing if the frames change look but don't place properly. That is where UI scale may be an issue. But to retain the default look after the reflux command says they are not seeing the variables. To test this after you try reinstalling the compilation including renaming the folders is to log in and simply type:

Code:
/reflux show
This should generate a list of emulated variables for addons as well as profiles for layouts. It will look something like this (note they wont be this generic):

Active profile is (name)
available profiles:
(name)
(name)
addon one
addon two
Are being emulated

If you see nothing listed along those lines when you type the command then you aren't doing something correctly with the WTF folder.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Loading pre-compiled UIs.