12-18-10, 09:07 PM   #1
WoW_0ldster
A Defias Bandit
Question Bartender4 Custom Conditionals Help

I'm trying to set custom conditionals in Bartender so that certain action bars are only visible when:

1. in combat
2. targeting out of combat (player, mob, etc)

For #1, "[combat]hide;show" seems to work (I can't simply check "Hide Out of Combat" since I want multiple custom conditional states).

Problem is, I can't find anything that works for #2 -- I've tried "[target]hide;show" and other variations. They either hide the bar no matter what, or don't change the bar's state regardless of whether I'm selecting another player, NPC, mob, or whatever.

I've tried reinstalling all my addons (including deleting my Addons and Account folders and starting fresh). Same problem persists.

I'm sure it's just that I don't know the right macro language to use -- I'm not an expert in that sort of thing. I did have it set up this way during WotLK, but lost the conditional language when I reinstalled everything for Cataclysm. Of course.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
12-18-10, 11:46 PM   #2
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

wouldn't it be

Code:
[@target,exists]show;[combat]show;hide
?

I believe "@target" implies "exists" so that may be unnecessary.
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
12-19-10, 04:51 AM   #3
Deadmau5
A Murloc Raider

Maybe just
Code:
[harm][combat]show;hide
12-19-10, 07:51 AM   #4
WoW_0ldster
A Defias Bandit
Deadmau5, yours is good, but doesn't work for friendlies.

Rigorous, yours is exactly what I need. Works for interacting with all mobs -- friendly, neutral, hostile. Perfect! Thanks for the help.

Last edited by WoW_0ldster : 12-19-10 at 07:55 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bartender4 Custom Conditionals Help