08-17-09, 09:03 PM   #1
OmniBlade
A Murloc Raider
Cool Instance Difficulty

Im looking for an addon that works with Fubar that tells you what the instance difficulty is set at. 5man, 5man Heroic, 10man, 10man Heroic and so on. So I dont have to right click my unit frame and search just to see which difficulty it is set at.

Thanks much.
08-18-09, 04:41 PM   #2
Verissi
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I hate the clicking thing too, so I wrote a DataBroker addon locally that displays the current dungeon/raid difficulty settings. It doesn't do anything but display the settings so if I want to change to heroic/non, I still have to do the clicky thing; suppose I could add that if desired.

I'll upload it after the raid's over and probably my LDB flask timer too

Edit: V_Difficulty uploaded. It's pending approval now, so have at it once it is.

Last edited by Verissi : 08-18-09 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Uploaded it!
08-19-09, 12:04 AM   #3
Verissi
Premium Member

Thumbs up

Just uploaded a new version of V_Difficulty that lets you right-click to change the dungeon/raid difficulty settings, FYI (I figured it would be asked after, so it was only a matter of time). Enjoy!

Oh, to OmniBlade, you will probably need Broker2Fubar to get this to work with Fubar (if you don't already have it installed).
09-18-09, 12:27 PM   #4
OmniBlade
A Murloc Raider
Hey thanks a ton, sorry for the late response I am on a business trip. Im downloading the addon now... Believe it or not this is a must have addon to me. Thanks again!
09-19-09, 08:55 PM   #5
Ketua
Premium Member

Premium Member
Wow I was just looking for some thing like this...

Allow I'm a bit lazier, any chance on adding a setting that would have it auto switch to heroic mode if you are party lead?

For now though I'm taking it as is.

Last edited by Ketua : 09-19-09 at 10:15 PM.
09-19-09, 10:38 PM   #6
BWarner
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Ketua View Post
Wow I was just looking for some thing like this...

Allow I'm a bit lazier, any chance on adding a setting that would have it auto switch to heroic mode if you are party lead?

For now though I'm taking it as is.
That's a bad idea. With how the "attempts remaining" mechanic works in the Heroic Mode of ToC (10 or 25), consider this situation:

Somebody invites you to a group, for whatever reason. They set it up to be H10/25, promote you to leader, and before you have time to react, they're in your instance. Bam, they can clean out your entire instance's attempts remaining for the whole week's lockout (this is assuming that you have a raid ID for that week already).

To make this addon function in such a way just enables such a thing to happen. If anything, you'd want to check out http://www.wowinterface.com/download...idIdSaver.html and go the other way, to protect your Raid ID. Not saying you NEED this addon, or that you should expect this sort of griefing to happen to you, but it is something to be aware of.
09-20-09, 07:33 PM   #7
Ketua
Premium Member

Premium Member
Lol not entirely what I meant. I"m more looking for an option in the UI where I can tell teh addon to set difficulty to specific types. Like an option saying 5-man and then having a drop down list with Herioc/Reg in it, same with 10 and 25.

Main reason I'm after it is because I lead a lot of herioc 5 mans but I'm constantly forgetting to switch them to herioc. And we usually don't notice till the first boss drops like a hat.

Was looking for something you could set as mentioned above, in a "per character" manner.
09-22-09, 01:45 PM   #8
Verissi
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Ketua View Post
Main reason I'm after it is because I lead a lot of herioc 5 mans but I'm constantly forgetting to switch them to herioc. And we usually don't notice till the first boss drops like a hat.

Was looking for something you could set as mentioned above, in a "per character" manner.
Settings for heroic/non-heroic should persist per character as it is. It's possible to write/add code to set "defaults", but it's not something I see much point in adding personally because they already persist. In the case of raids, however, addons like oRA2 (and probably oRA3, I haven't checked) let you set difficulty defaults for raid instances.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Instance Difficulty