09-02-10, 04:02 AM   #1
takegami
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy Premade characters - trouble

Hi all.

first of all, i'm tried to use search ;) found nothing usefull..

problem - there is a lot of information on the Web about copying premade characters. But - in my beta profile i've got only copy existing character function.. That's doesn't work. Anyway, i don't have 80 lvl chars on my account..
i'm playing on EU betaclysm server, if any..
So.. i can't find any info - why this feature doesn't shown in list of availible things.. maybe cos of my account got beta only couple days ago, and something somewhere in their databases still doesn't updated..

Help ;)

ps: actually it's account of my brother.. he are too busy to look at Clysm, so while he are busy, i have chance ;) hope it will be longer than couple days..
pss: sorry, if post in wrong part of forum

09-02-10, 01:10 PM   #2
MoonWitch
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To be able to copy pre-made characters, you probably need level 80's to have access. I also once encountered such an issue and it was due to the "age" of my account, it was too new.

Might be best to check on the actual wow forums, or create a GM ticket/feedback note in the beta itself.

Good luck though!

09-02-10, 02:05 PM   #3
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
GM tickets dont work. Having 80's on your account doesn't matter. Beta is different than the PTR. When I first started the Beta I didn't even have WotLK installed.

This is the copy page Beta Copy Char.

09-02-10, 08:32 PM   #4
gameldar
A Kobold Labourer

Originally Posted by takegami View Post
Hi all.

problem - there is a lot of information on the Web about copying premade characters. But - in my beta profile i've got only copy existing character function.. That's doesn't work. Anyway, i don't have 80 lvl chars on my account..
I've seen the same thing and I have level 80s - but I only just got my beta key. The option to use a pre-made is currently disabled, and any character copies I've tried have failed (and I've followed the usual realm transfer rules and have no mail etc)

I'm guessing it is just a temporarily broken thing.

09-02-10, 08:40 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've never had an issue with copy character (my priest copied fine this morning) or with making premades (haven't made one in over a week though). Not sure what the issue is .

09-02-10, 09:28 PM   #6
EvilMallet
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Premades have been down since the latest patch, I believe they're trying to work in level 85 premades.

09-03-10, 12:08 AM   #7
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by EvilMallet View Post
Premades have been down since the latest patch, I believe they're trying to work in level 85 premades.

I don't think Bliz would have 85 premades, since they need us to test the leveling process from 80 to 85..

09-03-10, 09:40 AM   #8
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Premades, though, are ALWAYS max level, because they're used to test balance at the max level.

09-03-10, 07:24 PM   #9
DesertDwarf
Largely Short

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
Premades, though, are ALWAYS max level, because they're used to test balance at the max level.
That's strange. Last weekend I copied my first pre-made and it was level 80 that was just a few points from 81. Max level was 83 before this last patch.

I suspect "ALWAYS" is too strong a word.

09-03-10, 08:19 PM   #10
MysticalOS
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

i haven't tried pre mades but char copy for me just fails every time, says "failed" on status page.

09-04-10, 12:32 AM   #11
Taryble
A Molten Giant

I hadn't bothered with premades for Cata yet, myself, but in previous x-packs that I alpha'd or beta'd, premades were always set at whatever the current level cap was.

09-04-10, 12:58 AM   #12
Neuro
A Theradrim Guardian

Neither BC Beta nor WotLK beta had premade characters, and all the previous premades in Cata were lvl 80.

09-04-10, 02:46 AM   #13
Bareno
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
Neither BC Beta nor WotLK beta had premade characters, and all the previous premades in Cata were lvl 80.
That's not exactly 100% true, in wotlk there was PVP geared premades mainly made for PVP balance testing. But yea, other than that, nope, this is the true first well geared premades we've had.

09-04-10, 03:12 AM   #14
Joevluls
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by MysticalOS View Post
i haven't tried pre mades but char copy for me just fails every time, says "failed" on status page.
Actually having the same problem, as well as a bunch of people here : http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....Id=14574467837

Copying live characters just results in 'Failed'. It doesn't seem to register that I've even attempted to copy a premade, and when I tried posting on the beta forums it said I didn't have any accounts attatched to post with.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » Premade characters - trouble