11-18-09, 06:29 AM   #1
demanl
A Cyclonian

Blizzard gui folders in Addons Directory..

Hi,

this may have been covered b4...but I could not find.....so here goes...

Are we supposed to remove the blizzard addon folders in the Addon directory when using the nUI gui replacement addon....???

)

11-18-09, 06:38 AM   #2
Seer
A Molten Giant
No, you should leave them be.

But if you do delete them they are just recreated when you start the game anyway.

11-18-09, 08:12 AM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by demanl View Post
Hi,

this may have been covered b4...but I could not find.....so here goes...

Are we supposed to remove the blizzard addon folders in the Addon directory when using the nUI gui replacement addon....???

)
Seer is right.... they get re-created as soon as you log in. What I did is hide them all. They're there, you just can't see em lol.

Highlight them all, right click, Properties, [General Tab] Attributes, Hidden. Of course, this only works if you have "Do not show hidden files and folders" ticked under Tools, Folder Options, View.

11-18-09, 11:51 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
And it only works in Windoze. I suppose there's a way to hide folders in MacOS X, but I've never bothered to look.

11-18-09, 11:57 AM   #5
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
And it only works in Windoze. I suppose there's a way to hide folders in MacOS X, but I've never bothered to look.
If you look, you will always find ways to do things, that or you use goolge to look for you :P

11-20-09, 05:14 PM   #6
Thander
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Mac files have a hidden flag too. You just can't set it with the default OS. You have to download a 3rd party program to set it. The user controlled way to make a file hidden is starting the filename with a dot, but that will not work for WoW. It would see the original files missing and recreate them without the dot.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Blizzard gui folders in Addons Directory..