02-25-15, 05:39 PM   #1
Barleduq
Premium Member

Premium Member
Looking for replacement for an addon

I used to use CritterEmote for the "For all the squirrels" type achievements. I'm not sure if the author gave up when such things went account-wide, because they never replied to any comments on the comment page.

The problem being that the achievements are no longer tracked per toon, so you don't necessarily know if you need something or not. There had been a fan update, but then the original was updated again, and then.... nothing.

OverAchiever (I think I don't have AchieveIt installed anymore) plays a sound when it wants to alert me to something, but then I have to go search around for why the sound happened. Which is useful! But Critter Emote would do the /love emote, or notify in chat if something needed to be killed.

I don't suppose anyone wants to recreate this?
02-25-15, 06:15 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Overachiever shows you in your tooltip if you need to take action (/love, kill, etc.) on a critter.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-25-15, 08:34 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have I Done That? (CurseForge link since it's not on WoWInterface) shows you in tooltips whether you need to /love, kill, loot, fish in, etc. various things for achievements, and is rather less... oversized... than Overachiever. The only issue with it I've noticed is that it throws errors when mousing over vanilla raid bosses, but if you don't do vanilla raids and/or don't use the default error pop-up, you'll be fine.
02-26-15, 02:31 PM   #4
Barleduq
Premium Member

Premium Member
Yes, OverAchiever does that, and it's certainly better than randomly loving and killing every critter I came across (which is what I was doing before I found it). But CritterEmote did the /love *automatically*, and put a notice in chat if the critter needed killing. *That* is the functionality I'm looking for.

I found the addon Squirrels, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't notify about things needing to be killed.
02-27-15, 12:09 PM   #5
Barleduq
Premium Member

Premium Member
Showing in tooltip

In addition, the tooltip is unreliable in WoD - persistently, and on the page for the addon I use, TipTop (Thank you, Seerah!), it's noted that the tooltip is a problem in WoW. So things that put the info into the tooltip, while better than nothing, is not the functionality I'm hoping to have again.
02-27-15, 08:08 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Remember, that if your tooltips disappear you need only mouse over something on your minimap to make them reappear.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-01-15, 10:46 PM   #7
Barleduq
Premium Member

Premium Member
Hot damn! Thank you, I'd completely missed that.

I'd still like the automatic /love functionality.

-Bar

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for replacement for an addon