10-02-09, 11:53 AM   #1
andreudc
A Murloc Raider
Installed addon compilation and can't log-in?

Hi

I've tried this a few times now.
Downloaded a addon compilation, because I'm horrible at making a nice and minimalistic interface setup, put the interface and wtf folders in as told, and renamed the folders I needed to.

Now, when I try to log in, it has put another server at log in, for example Black Dragonflight, instead of Saurfang, where I play. And it says that password is incorrect. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? When I delete the folders and put back the old interface and wtf folders it works again..

A
10-02-09, 12:02 PM   #2
Vraan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You can change the server, so that doesn't really matter, not sure what could cause the password failure though, unless you simply wrote it wrong. UI Compilations doesnt do anything to your password, so it should work as normal. Have no idea what could cause it. It's sort of a longshot, but maybe an addon could be causing it, although I dont see how.
10-02-09, 12:04 PM   #3
andreudc
A Murloc Raider
thats what i dont get. Is it that im playing on EU servers and the addon somehow mixes it up with US servers? and im 100% sure that im not writing it wrong..
10-02-09, 12:04 PM   #4
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If the compilation came with a Config.wtf then delete that and it should work.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
10-02-09, 12:14 PM   #5
andreudc
A Murloc Raider
Tried deleting the Config.wtf

Still doesn't work. Hmm.
10-02-09, 12:46 PM   #6
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by andreudc View Post
Hi

I've tried this a few times now.
Downloaded a addon compilation, because I'm horrible at making a nice and minimalistic interface setup, put the interface and wtf folders in as told, and renamed the folders I needed to.

Now, when I try to log in, it has put another server at log in, for example Black Dragonflight, instead of Saurfang, where I play. And it says that password is incorrect. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? When I delete the folders and put back the old interface and wtf folders it works again..

A
Check your username is correct.
10-02-09, 12:56 PM   #7
andreudc
A Murloc Raider
It is.
The old WTF folder's names are identical to the new WTF folder's names.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Installed addon compilation and can't log-in?