04-18-12, 07:50 AM   #1
Caetan0
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Thumbs down Simply an Addon

Friends WowInterface

I found this addon "Guild Mains" and found it extremely useful, it works like this, players who speak in "/g" are checked in their public statement, and if it is written "Alt of Xupetz" , Appears in the chat "Tartalu (Xupetz):" But you could leave it even lighter and simpler?

I would like to delete the configuration options and makes it automatic and it works with the scanning of public note for "Alt - Xupetz" It would be possible?

link:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/guildmains

Last edited by Caetan0 : 04-18-12 at 07:52 AM.
04-18-12, 08:27 AM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're better off using Alts. (description)
04-18-12, 05:10 PM   #3
Caetan0
this addon has many functions and that is exactly what I'm avoiding.
would like the addon I posted the link above did not have the configuration options, he wanted estivese with its own configuration q could not be edited
04-18-12, 05:45 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Caetan0 View Post
I would like to delete the configuration options and makes it automatic and it works with the scanning of public note for "Alt - Xupetz" It would be possible?
Based on the addon's description, that sounds exactly like what it already does. It does not mention any configuration options, and it says it works by scanning the guild notes.

Please explain how the addon's current functionality is different than what you want.
04-18-12, 06:25 PM   #5
Caetan0
So my friend,

He really is a very lightweight addon and it works, but it lets you change some scanning functions in the note of the player and it is precisely these options editable I would like to eliminate, like the addon funcina with a pre-scan configuration defined and not editable.
04-18-12, 06:36 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

You don't have to use the options. If you don't use them, they don't do anything, and likely do not actually consume any resources other than static memory (eg. a few KB at most from the file size) which is completely irrelevant and has absolutely no effect on your framerate or anything else.

If you want to learn how to write WoW addons, then this kind of project would be a good place to start, but you are probably not going to find anyone who wants to spend their time writing a new addon just to save you a few KB of static memory usage.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Simply an Addon