07-02-18, 05:47 AM   #1
alikim
A Fallenroot Satyr
How to pickup a mount to the cursor by ID?

I want to write a lua code that picks up a mount ( I know it's ID from GetActionInfo) and places it on an Action Slot.
I know PickupSpell, PickupItem, PickupMacro to pickup those things by their ID, but that doesn't seem to work with mounts.
07-02-18, 09:48 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While I know next to nothing about Lua, I have to ask you - can you still place your mount on the action bars? It's been almost two years since I played WoW and that's why I asked. I used to have a couple of mounts on my action bars and all I did was put them there manually.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
07-02-18, 10:36 AM   #3
alikim
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
While I know next to nothing about Lua, I have to ask you - can you still place your mount on the action bars? It's been almost two years since I played WoW and that's why I asked. I used to have a couple of mounts on my action bars and all I did was put them there manually.
Yes, you can put all sorts of mounts on the action bars but I can't find a way to do it programmably.

The only way to put something on the action bars that I know of is to pick it on the cursor with PickupXXX(objectID) Lua command and then PlaceAction(actionBarSlotID) from the cursor. I made it work for spells, items and macroses but I got stuck with mounts.

Last edited by alikim : 07-02-18 at 10:40 AM.
07-02-18, 11:30 AM   #4
AcidWeb
A Theradrim Guardian

C_MountJournal.Pickup(id). But you need check mount UI code as id might be internal.
07-02-18, 11:38 AM   #5
saxitoxin
A Theradrim Guardian

what mount are you trying to pick up?

try this:
Code:
		local creatureName, spellID, icon, active, isUsable, sourceType, isFavorite, isFactionSpecific, faction, hideOnChar, isCollected, mountID = C_MountJournal.GetMountInfoByID(246)
		PickupSpell(spellID or creatureName)
mountID 246 is the Azure Drake
07-02-18, 12:34 PM   #6
alikim
A Fallenroot Satyr
That helped, thank you!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » How to pickup a mount to the cursor by ID?