03-07-07, 09:52 AM   #1
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Just a question about macros

Ive made a vert y simple/stupid macro of which is the following, and it works.

/cast Curse of Agony
/stopcasting
/cast Shoot

The question is, ive seen some macros of which show a tooltip for a a spell, its like "#showtooltip" but i dont know how to make it work.

can someone enlighten me?

03-07-07, 10:01 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
just what you said. Put #showtooltip Curse of Agony (or shoot) in the first line of your macro.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-07-07, 10:18 AM   #3
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

For button feedback use #show or use ? icon
for tooltip #showtooltip And as Seerah said, first line of the macro

You could do a /castsequence instead on that macro
03-07-07, 01:45 PM   #4
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by PathMaster
You could do a /castsequence instead on that macro
I _think_ the reason he didnt use /castsequence is then he would have to hit the button twice for the same outcome that pressing his once will do. He would also have to add in something to reset the macro in case the creature died before he got to shoot, so the next person he hit with that macro wouldnt start at shoot.

Anyways, /castequece is a wonderful new add for macro commands. I have found it useful for many things. Just make sure you put in a reset command if you plan on using it multiple times and dont want to start half way thru where you left off.
03-07-07, 03:00 PM   #5
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

/castsequence reset=combat/target

I thought that you could not have anything sequenced. He would still have to hit the button 2x.
03-07-07, 04:01 PM   #6
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

If I recall correctly Path, you can do a macro like Xan did and have it work ok (and he says it is working), since the first part is an instant cast, followed by basic attack. If you tried doing this macro with a spell that is not an instand cast, then the /stopcasting argument will cancel it in mid cast. But as it is, with no logic as to how/when to cast, and its an instant followed by a basic attack one push should follow right thru all 3 lines and execute.

If you are wanting to cast multiple spells/skills with logic (reset, harm, dead, etc), then you have to go thru the castsequence command to accomplish that. As far as I know, there is no limit to how many items you can list other than the 255 char limit in making macros.
03-07-07, 04:36 PM   #7
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I am fairly certain this failed with my ToW and then SW:P last night. Could be the shoot part though. I am much happier with the /castsequence reset. Makes things much better.

Even better is my nomodifier MB, modifier:shift Smite Makes life so much less cluttered.

Just need to remap by Fort Mouseover macro to something else now, as shift+5 is used. MB/Smite reside at 5. DOH! Took me a few minutes to figure out why Smite didn't want to work and why my Fortitude buff was never dropped below 28minutes.
03-08-07, 04:38 AM   #8
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Thanks Seerah,

/castsequence sounds nice.

But how do i use this one ?

03-08-07, 10:47 AM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
A castsequence macro sets up however many spells you want to cast in that sequence. You just need to click the button for each spell (since there is no wait function). For example (now, I'm not 100% sure this is how to write it, but anyone can correct me):

/castsequence Corruption, Immolate, Curse of Agony

You'll have to click the button 3 times, to cast each spell. The reset feature they're talking about is to reset your sequence. So, if your target dies before you get to cast Curse of Agony (so, only 2 clicks on your macro) it will "reset" back to the first spell for your next target instead of starting out with your curse. You can set it to reset for a new target or after a certain amount of time.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-08-07, 01:10 PM   #10
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

She speaks the truth.

I Recently redid a bunch of macros to recent standards.

Some great resources are:
Wiki Macro How-To
Cogwheel's Read Me from Wow.com
Neuro's Guide (WoW.com)

I printed out the guides, then wrote down my macros on paper. I then posted on WoW.com's UI forum. They corrected my mistakes and even pointed out some great other ones.
03-08-07, 01:35 PM   #11
pacoboyd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Best Affilction Warlock Macro Ever. Period.

/petattack [nomodifier]
/castsequence [nomodifier] reset=target/combat Immolate, Curse of Agony, Siphon Life, Corruption, Shoot
/petfollow [modifier:shift]
/stopcasting [modifier:alt,shift]
/cast [modifier:shift] Drain Soul;[modifier:alt] Shadow Bolt;

This will make your pet attack and +cast all of your DoT's each time you mash the button it will cast the next one in sequence.

Holding Shift + Click, will call off your pet and cast Drain Soul

Holding Alt + Click will cast Shadow Bolt.

Enjoy.
03-08-07, 05:15 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Could also set it to different mouse buttons instead of having the modifiers. Do one thing on left click, something else on right, something else on middle, etc.

06-23-07, 10:37 PM   #13
trav
Premium Member

Premium Member
castsequence

Ah, the WoWWiki was not clear on having to press the button for each spell. For some reason, I thought that it would auto-cast the next spell AFTER that spell's cool down cycled; rather than the all at once forbidden kinda thing. I don't mind waiting for the cool down, but it would have been nice for it to go ahead with just one button press.
I noticed that I had to do the multi-presses and thought that I was doing something wrong.
Thanks for verifying that I wasn't loosing my mind, about this anyway

Originally Posted by PathMaster
She speaks the truth.

I Recently redid a bunch of macros to recent standards.

Some great resources are:
Wiki Macro How-To
Cogwheel's Read Me from Wow.com
Neuro's Guide (WoW.com)

I printed out the guides, then wrote down my macros on paper. I then posted on WoW.com's UI forum. They corrected my mistakes and even pointed out some great other ones.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Just a question about macros