05-06-07, 07:01 PM   #1
Nightsmear
A Fallenroot Satyr

Range mod?

is there a mod that shows range from your target? perferably right under the default target window area....
05-06-07, 07:06 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nudge

(too short)

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
05-06-07, 07:21 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can also snag nudge from this site: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...406-Nudge.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-06-07, 08:28 PM   #4
Nightsmear
A Fallenroot Satyr

does nudge include exact distances from a target? i just want a bar where it would show "X.Y" yards from target. is that possible?
05-06-07, 08:42 PM   #5
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Nudge and Fudge (Nudges brother for non hunters) only gives you a read out of 'out of range', 'in range', and 'melee'. There is no extact distance, and Fudge will actually only show you Out of Range and In Range based on what spell/ability to define for it to test from.

You might want to look on the front page listing of Addons at Distance2 . I dont use it, but it looks something similar to what you may want/need.

If neither of those work, the only one I know of that shows actual distance are the *HUDs. Of course they probably come with extra stuff you dont want/need, but it has what you want distance wise.

Cheers.
05-06-07, 09:05 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I think I heard that it not really possible to measure the exact distance to your target. All you can do is check if your target is in range for a spell/ability that your character has.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-06-07, 09:05 PM   #7
Nightsmear
A Fallenroot Satyr

distance2 is ok, but i don't want to enter spells in. just a distance from target that has only have a few options and is very simple. Could anyone make an addon like if there isn't one?
05-06-07, 10:18 PM   #8
pacoboyd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I use MetaHud (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...7-MetaHud.html)
It is a HUD that also has a range detector build in that works great for me.
BTW, can't detect exact ranges, this (and nudge) is gonna be the best you get. Period. End of story. As in, no one can make something better.
05-06-07, 10:55 PM   #9
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...angeCheck.html

That mod estimates based on spells' ranges - works ok.
05-07-07, 03:48 PM   #10
Nightsmear
A Fallenroot Satyr

Ok how about this idea.

So you know how you have spells and that when they are out of range they are red(or some other kind of notification on the button) to show they can't be used? Well could you create a macro that would only work if it was 50 yrds away and one for 45 yrds. then get an addon the puts 2 bar buttons (where u would place the macros) whereever u want. THEN color them like dark red for 50yrds and dark gold for 45yrds. and when they come into range would light up or something....
05-07-07, 05:39 PM   #11
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

As mentioned above, you are unable to determine exact ranges for anything you have selected. Blizzard only allows ranges of distances, not exact measurements. Now the only ranges I know of that are available for testing with is Melee (0-5 yds), Dead Zone (5-20 yds), Ranged (20-35 yds), and Out of Range (35 yds +). I may be off on some of the numbers, but thats the gist of it. For spells/abilities that get a boost in range due to skills, I can only guess that the Out of Range category becomes ranged, and a new category that is outside the spells/abilitys range becomes the new Out of Range, probably about 40 yds and above. The Dead Zone I have listed above really isn't a Dead Zone except to Hunters who can't shoot in that zone due to requirements of equipment, and cant melee since the target is too far away. For all other classes, its is just another ranged zone that spells and abilities with ranges can use.

As for coloring the bar, most bar mods and I think the default UI Action Bars color when something is out of range for that particular ability already, but your still not going to get your exact ranges. I would be interested in seeing a mod that can do something like what your describing, but due to the restrictions, I don't think that it will be possible.
05-07-07, 11:21 PM   #12
Lindalas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm still using ZRangeCheck (http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2703). While it is supposedly outdated it works great. It does what Nudge does but also gives me the approximate range. This is important because, as a hunter, we can actually determine a bit more granularity than simply "ranged". While "range" is 8-41 (upper limit depending on hawkeye), we can actually divide it into three zones (for MM spec). ScatterShot goes up to 21 yds and Throw goes to 30. Thus zrange will show 8-21, 21-30, 31-41 depending on the range. I find this highly favorable ... nice to stay in the 31-41 bracket.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Range mod?