10-21-08, 01:19 AM   #1
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

Chat window, Cellular Look-Alike?

Hi there.

I have been using Cellular to manage my whispers and love the clean look of the window.
Is there a mod for the chat window that will give it a similar clean appearance?

Here's a screenshot of my UI:

http://www.niceboots.com/~tenebrae/m...nterface05.jpg

Cellular is visible on the right.

Thanks!

-T.
10-21-08, 02:01 AM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
have you tried Prat? also have you thought about lowering your UI Scale? its in the video options.
10-21-08, 11:11 AM   #3
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

I haven't tried much of anything yet. I'm a bit new to modifying my UI. I've been playing with the default WoW UI for about 3 years.
I found Kgpanels (eepanels successor) last night and installed that. I managed to make a pretty box around my chat window that looks like Cellular, but I am not sure that's the way to go.
I will take a look at Prat, though.

I am curious what scaling my UI would do for me, given my current screenshot, and why you suggest it.
Which elements would be scaled? All of them?
Wouldn't that shrink all my buttons and windows?
I will be honest, I already have a hard time seeing them. I am a clicker.

Thank you,

-T.
10-21-08, 11:28 AM   #4
Kraki
An Aku'mai Servant
IMHO, Chatter would be better than prat. Its a bit lighter on the memory load.
10-21-08, 11:34 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Kraki View Post
IMHO, Chatter would be better than prat. Its a bit lighter on the memory load.
have you tried Prat3 (the current version)? Or are you basing that off of the old Prat2?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-22-08, 01:26 PM   #6
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Tepetkhet View Post
I am curious what scaling my UI would do for me, given my current screenshot, and why you suggest it.
Which elements would be scaled? All of them?
Wouldn't that shrink all my buttons and windows?
I will be honest, I already have a hard time seeing them. I am a clicker.
That's a shame, the you being a clicker I mean

The UI scale function would scale everything lower, in effect giving you lots more real estate than you have now (see example, my UI - http://tinyurl.com/FleischmanUI).

Seeing as you do use a bar mod now, you could essentially lower the size of less important things (map, chat windows, etc) and just scale up your bars/unit frames to a desired...largeness.

I say give it a shot. Most pre-fab UI's you download require you to turn the scaling down all the way, so just fiddle with it. Personally I'm one for having lots of screen in the middle clear of any intrusion so I love having a minimal UI. It's all personal preference though
10-23-08, 01:34 AM   #7
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

Yes, the clicking thing is something I've been working on, but I have a long way to go. I didn't grow up a twitch gamer and have some joint problems. Minimap is Chinchilla and it has a scale.
In fact, just about everything in my UI is scalable. So I am not sure what scaling the UI would really do for me, other than force me to resize everything back up and readjust it all. :/
I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm kinda still looking for something to clean up the chat window and make it look like Cellular does for a more uniform and balanced appearance.

For the time being, I'm using kgpanels and created a panel to overlap on the chat window...but I'm a kgpanel noob and it's sort of...well...just okay looking and doesn't address the tabs and buttons on the left of the chat window.

-T.
10-23-08, 02:35 PM   #8
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
kgPanels is the best solution in that case. I'm not sure of any chat addons that move the buttons to the other side, most remove them all together and just let you scroll via mousewheel. In regards to kgPanels, if you download SharedMedia (or libSharedMedia, can't remember it's exact name) that will add a ton more text/texture options for kgPanels to choose from if you don't like the few that show up now.

If you don't like the tab looks (for the top tabs of chat) I know that http://www.wowinterface.com/download...7984-Fane.html removes the texture and just leaves the text, which IMO does look better.

As for general chat changes I use http://www.wowinterface.com/download...PhanxChat.html.

Good luck in your endeavors! Clicking ain't so bad, my friend downstairs does it and he's awesome-sauce

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Chat window, Cellular Look-Alike?