04-13-09, 02:09 PM   #1
Shefki
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lack of Download Button on my Project Page

Went to:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#comments

per my usual bookmark, clicked over to the Info tab and had no download button. So per Cairenn's request posting here.

OS X, Firefox, not blocking anything on WoWI.

And now there's a download button again...

Last edited by Shefki : 04-13-09 at 02:15 PM.
04-13-09, 02:15 PM   #2
lordkarthas
An Aku'mai Servant
I have Adblock Plus 1.0.1 and NoScript 1.9.1.9 in Firefox 3.0.8 (but NoScript is set to allow WoWI). The button wasn't showing at first, but when I disabled Adblock Plus for this site, it showed up. It still shows up, even after re-enabling Adblock Plus.

Last edited by lordkarthas : 04-13-09 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Added version numbers
04-13-09, 02:28 PM   #3
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Everything works fine for me, but the version numbers are scribbly and unreadable and the buttons are now grey instead of tan (I use the WoWI Light forum skin).

Minor issues though. The buttons all work so no complaints here.

MacOS X, Firefox 3.0.8, NoScript set to allow everything.
04-15-09, 07:45 AM   #4
IceBox
A Kobold Labourer
I'm not actually an Addon Dev but I got some serious problems with the new java button.

As soon as I visit a addon site with the button java starts up and my graphics card driver keeps crashing 4 times in a row and then suicides with a bluescreen stating that atikmdag.sys has failed.

Using Vista Ultimate 32-bit, Firefox 3.0.8, newest Java release and the Catalyst 9.4
I neither use a script or ad blocker.

Didn't have the time to check if theres anything wrong with my drivers/software but I'll take a look.

greetings
04-15-09, 08:36 AM   #5
spatton
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy

Yes, the new Java download button has some issues. I need to click on the button 3 times to download a mod, then get the yellow bar at the top of IE7. Not to mention having to hit the Back button 3-4 times to go backwards.

What version of Java / JRE have you tested with?

Site is maintained well, and I thank you for that, but this new Java button is causing me headaches!

Thanks...
04-15-09, 09:31 AM   #6
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
The applet has been tested on JRE 5 and 6 with many OSes and browsers. Are you sure you have to click it 3 times? Please keep in mind that the WoWI server is pretty heavily loaded right now and may take some time to start the download.

The "Yellow Bar" of IE I assume is the "This site wants to download..." thing. I can't turn that off. That's one of those moronic IE protections that exists. You could put wowi into your trusted zone if you want to. Otherwise it's just something that you'll have to accept, or get a different browser. I anticipate you will have the same problem on Curse due to the way this protection operates.

As far as a blue screen.... well... I can't do anything about that, sorry. If that's happening, you have a much more serious problem you have to address. Applets have (for obvious reasons) no direct access to the graphics card or drivers in general. In fact, applets run in a sandboxed environment. There are millions of security checks in place that ensure you don't go out of bounds. In fact, one of the biggest problems we had was just working with the security manager to be able to download files, because wowi has several servers and the security manager only allows connections to one. Suffice to say, we can't cause a bluescreen. If you're noticing it whenever you visit our site, that means there is something very wrong on your end and you should resolve it, perhaps by upgrading drivers or checking your graphics card -- we are only a trigger for it, not the cause.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Last edited by Shirik : 04-15-09 at 09:36 AM.
04-15-09, 04:11 PM   #7
darkclown
A Murloc Raider
Firefox, Vista 64-bit, AdBlock Plus, NoScript.

Trying to download an Addon from the "quick list" of links from the low-quality front page told me it could not determine if i came in, blah blah blah, fill out this CAPTCHA. Except none appeared. Clicked on the link to news, then Back in my browser, and I got the download.

Last edited by Shirik : 04-15-09 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary content. Keep it up and take unpaid leave of absence.
04-15-09, 04:43 PM   #8
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
If you are having trouble with the front page, then you are blocking the captcha using your firefox addons. Permit it through or log in to the site. Beyond that there's nothing that can be done.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Lack of Download Button on my Project Page