09-24-12, 06:34 AM   #1
akgis
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Way to test if a item in a specific location changed

need a way to find if a specific item slot has changed item.

I found UNIT_INVENTORY_CHANGED, but this fires if any item changed and I only want to know if a specific item slot on my char has changed.

Thanks.
09-24-12, 06:58 AM   #2
nailertn
An Aku'mai Servant
Events aren't specific like that. You just register for a generic UNIT_INVENTORY_CHANGED and then do a refined check to see if it was what you were looking for. Usually additional arguments sent by the event dispatcher make the filtering easier.

Also I don't know what else is there for item slot changes but you could always /eventtrace and disable them one by one to find the event you are looking for.
09-24-12, 07:10 AM   #3
akgis
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nailertn View Post
Events aren't specific like that. You just register for a generic UNIT_INVENTORY_CHANGED and then do a refined check to see if it was what you were looking for. Usually additional arguments sent by the event dispatcher make the filtering easier.

Also I don't know what else is there for item slot changes but you could always /eventtrace and disable them one by one to find the event you are looking for.
thank you for the eventtrace option I had no idea about it its so damm awsome, just starting on Lua

I found what I wanted PLAYER_EQUIPMENT_CHANGED which passes the slot as argument

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Way to test if a item in a specific location changed