09-19-10, 03:01 PM   #1
FynexFox
A Murloc Raider
Looking for a buff solution

Hello everyone,

I was hoping I could gain some insight or direction on the topic of the buff frames.

I currently use SBF and Buttonfacade in conjunction to do nothing more but skin, and essentially move the buff frame. Something I have seen is that the BF skin I use requires my buffs to be scaled up a significant amount, and have the spacing changed. SBF handles these tasks(other than the skinning of course) well, as one would assume. The issue I have is that SBF is immensely bloated with features I don't use. I want to - in my quest to have the most memory efficient, minimalistic, and functional UI possible - find another solution for my buffs. I have found several addon/addon combinations that sort of do what I need but not enough.

Buffology is not properly supporting my BF skin and looks amazingly distorted.
Femto buffs doesn't allow me to change the buff spacing.
I tried using another addon that supported buff moving, scaling, and spacing, and then I useds Blizzfacade to skin, but the buff spacing seemed broken.

Can anyone point me in a proper direction to resolve my issue?
09-19-10, 05:09 PM   #2
Canities
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
try Bison works with Buttonfacade and allows buff moving, scaling and spacing...
09-19-10, 06:21 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If Bison doesn't work (it hasn't been updated in around 2 years) or doesn't have enough features for you, you could try PhanxBuffs. It's basically a clone of the default buff frames with some basic options for moving the frames, changing the size/spacing of buff icons, changing the number of buffs shown per row, simple blacklist-style buff filtering, and ButtonFacade support.
09-21-10, 03:09 AM   #4
Agrasus
A Murloc Raider
Im using this combination: Buffalo3 & ButtonFacade. Works quite well in my opinion..

- Hope you'll find something that fits you.
10-01-10, 07:00 PM   #5
FynexFox
A Murloc Raider
Thank you everyone for your replies, and sorry that I let the thread go stale, only to bump it =/.

Bison and Buffalo have not been updated in a long time, and from all the comments I am reading, they are not in the best of working order.

I tried Phanxbuffs prior to this post and I didn't care for it, sorry =/.

An addon I found - BuffFluffer - seems to be working fine, it takes one small LUA edit to get up and running. The only problem I have had is that it seems as though the horizontal spacing support no longer functions? I went through the code and it seems as though it should work. Would anyone be willing to take a look?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Looking for a buff solution