12-02-09, 02:24 AM   #1581
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

thank you for name of font!

12-02-09, 10:42 AM   #1582
Sec
A Cyclonian

Seerah, wow, spiffy UI. I've a few questions...

1) I too use Stuf. I cannot figure out what the giant minus sign on the purple background (over your portraits) is. I can't find it in Stuf's config and cannot disable or move it. What the heck is it?! XD

2) With regards to Furbish - might you be able to upload the .lua file as a pastey? I would love to use what you have - it looks great. ^^"

12-02-09, 10:54 AM   #1583
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
Seerah, wow, spiffy UI. I've a few questions...

1) I too use Stuf. I cannot figure out what the giant minus sign on the purple background (over your portraits) is. I can't find it in Stuf's config and cannot disable or move it. What the heck is it?! XD
That's the curable debuff warning icon. I forget, honestly, what it's actually labeled in the config though.

2) With regards to Furbish - might you be able to upload the .lua file as a pastey? I would love to use what you have - it looks great. ^^"
I'll check with haste to see if I can share it. Currently, his license does not allow for such redistribution.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-02-09, 11:18 AM   #1584
Sec
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
That's the curable debuff warning icon. I forget, honestly, what it's actually labeled in the config though.
I may just have to make a post in Stuf's comments page - I have poured over the config time and again and can't find it. ^^"

I'll check with haste to see if I can share it. Currently, his license does not allow for such redistribution.
Ah, okay! I had downloaded Furbish once before to try and figure it all out - I did see there was a license file but I was completely unable to open it. :S

Thank you for your speedy reply.

12-02-09, 12:59 PM   #1585
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Thumbs up

I may just have to make a post in Stuf's comments page - I have poured over the config time and again and can't find it. ^^"
I took a quick peek and it's called the Dispel Icon.

Ah, okay! I had downloaded Furbish once before to try and figure it all out - I did see there was a license file but I was completely unable to open it. :S
You can open it with Notepad, etc. It's just plain text.

Haste gave me permission to redistribute my changes, so you can find it attached to this post. Included in the folder are the 'flatsmooth' bar texture, 'Caith2' border, and 'Normal' layer/overlay from the ButtonFacade_Caith skin by Storm_FX.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Furbish.zip (5.8 KB, 694 views)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-03-09, 12:00 PM   #1586
Sec
A Cyclonian

Thank you so much, Seerah I have no idea why, but I could find no Dispel Icon setting in Stuf. So strange. I'm using Stuf version 3.2.007. With your help, though, I've been able to get my buffs sorted out brilliantly. Also, much thanks to Haste for making Furbish and giving you permission, Seerah, to share your modifications.

Here's my OOC:

Here's IC:

Currently to do:

- Figure how to change Furbish time font
- Figure how to change nameplate bar texture without it going "fat"
- Assess EventAlert vs Nugrunning; possibly get rid of EA.
- Better screenshot quality...

12-03-09, 12:39 PM   #1587
zero-kill
A Firelord

Thank you so much, Seerah I have no idea why, but I could find no Dispel Icon setting in Stuf. So strange. I'm using Stuf version 3.2.007. With your help, though, I've been able to get my buffs sorted out brilliantly. Also, much thanks to Haste for making Furbish and giving you permission, Seerah, to share your modifications.

Here's my OOC:

Here's IC:

Currently to do:

- Figure how to change nameplate bar texture without it going "fat"
- Assess EventAlert vs Nugrunning; possibly get rid of EA.
- Better screenshot quality...
This is purely aesthetics, but consider moving the debuffs beneath the target so they align with the unitframe.

12-03-09, 12:49 PM   #1588
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

Ferous asked for a screenshot of my UI and I kept forgetting to put it up. Hope it's not too late!

Screenshot 1 = just standing around
Screenshot 2 = Stuf config mode
Screenshot 3 and 4 = combat

Visible/Notable addons:Font is "Magnificent"
What is the frames in the middle of your player and target unit frames on the 3rd pic. Is it a cooldown addon?

12-03-09, 12:59 PM   #1589
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

Ferous asked for a screenshot of my UI and I kept forgetting to put it up. Hope it's not too late!

Screenshot 1 = just standing around
Screenshot 2 = Stuf config mode
Screenshot 3 and 4 = combat

Visible/Notable addons:Font is "Magnificent"
Do you/Could you/Would you please let me know if you have uploaded this UI and if not let me have your WTF and Interface folders so I can play with it. I love the Stuf layout mainly.

12-03-09, 01:04 PM   #1590
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Thank you so much, Seerah I have no idea why, but I could find no Dispel Icon setting in Stuf. So strange. I'm using Stuf version 3.2.007.
Config -> Unit -> Dispel Icon (you have to scroll down past buffs/debuffs)

Currently to do:

Line 29 where it say "SetFont"

Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
This is purely aesthetics, but consider moving the debuffs beneath the target so they align with the unitframe.
/agree Move them to the right to line up.

Originally Posted by JaceDaAce View Post
What is the frames in the middle of your player and target unit frames on the 3rd pic. Is it a cooldown addon?
That's rFilter2. The two large icons show when Missile Barrage and Clearcasting proc, the right two track Frostbolt and Arcane Blast debuffs, and the left two track Icy Veins and Arcane Power buffs.

12-03-09, 01:08 PM   #1591
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

[/quote]That's rFilter2. The two large icons show when Missile Barrage and Clearcasting proc, the right two track Frostbolt and Arcane Blast debuffs, and the left two track Icy Veins and Arcane Power buffs.[/quote]

I shall stay away from it lol. I am not good with LUA. Is there a website that can help you learn I usually learn pretty quickly once I get the basic concept.

12-03-09, 01:15 PM   #1592
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It comes pre-populated with zork's personal settings, so you can follow those as a guide. Any further questions about it, should you decide to try, can go in their own thread in the Interface Help forum.

12-03-09, 05:11 PM   #1593
Sec
A Cyclonian

Config -> Unit -> Dispel Icon (you have to scroll down past buffs/debuffs)
For whatever reason, "Dispel Icon" does not appear in the config when I play my main character. However, I tried another character and it does show up in the config. I'm baffled but am not going to worry too much about it since there will be a new version of Stuf come 3.3 - I'll recreate from scratch. Thank you for checking in-game.
Line 29 where it say "SetFont"
Strangely, I get errors if I change line 29 to the following:
Code:
duration:SetFont(Interface\\Addons\\Furbish\\Font.ttf, 7, 'OUTLINE')
I get a similar error if I only use one \ rather than two \\. I logged completely out before making changes, rather than simply reload the UI.
/agree Move them to the right to line up.
Thank you both; I had missed that alignment and have corrected it. ^^"

12-03-09, 05:49 PM   #1594
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Strangely, I get errors if I change line 29 to the following:
Code:
duration:SetFont(Interface\\Addons\\Furbish\\Font.ttf, 7, 'OUTLINE')
I get a similar error if I only use one \ rather than two \\. I logged completely out before making changes, rather than simply reload the UI.
That's because you need to make the file path a string (enclose it in quotes)

12-03-09, 08:58 PM   #1595
Sec
A Cyclonian

That's because you need to make the file path a string (enclose it in quotes)
Thank you so much, Seerah! <3
More Proper IC screenshot:

Amusingly, the target debuffs poke out just a tad from the other side. XD Minor tweaking, ah well.

12-04-09, 03:12 AM   #1596
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Twas I got right now! Still tweaking it here and there. Will update soon on it (novel ui)

edit - this package doesn't come with ZOMGbuffs, recount, dxe, nor audio... and a couple other things. I allow people to use their favorites but i do include the saved variables just incase.

12-04-09, 04:00 AM   #1597
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Amusingly, the target debuffs poke out just a tad from the other side. XD Minor tweaking, ah well.
In fact(Is is infact or in fact?), they poke out on both sides

12-04-09, 08:46 AM   #1598
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

And the newest release of ncUI, changed some of the layout(all panels are open in this screenshot):

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...5210-ncUI.html

12-04-09, 09:39 AM   #1599
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

@ Sec - What is your chat font?

12-04-09, 09:58 AM   #1600
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by nightcracker View Post
And the newest release of ncUI, changed some of the layout(all panels are open in this screenshot):

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...5210-ncUI.html
The font which says: ncbags and 50g is blurry, so is your unitframe font, but it's not a pixel one.

Sorry if I come off as a dick atm, I just raged at one of my friends for being such a ****ty teammate.

edit: plus I think that the normal font is kinda bad :/ since it easily gets blurry

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...