12-21-11, 08:40 AM   #1
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Times are changing in the UI front

SO.

I have rekindled my love for WOW after changing everything I know and becoming a holy Paladin--however, now I'm realizing that my old UI build CalaiUI (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...7-CalaiUI.html) is not exactly healer friendly.

Looks like this weekend I'm going to start on a new build specifically geared towards healers.

I'm thinking grid in the middle, smaller unit frames (since I'm not tanking)

Of course, with a 30" monitor at 2560x1600, it may even clean up the area a bit.

I figure if I'm set for healing mode, it won't be difficult to tank hero's if necessary. The setup I have is critical for raid tanking as I need that information readily available to me, but for dungeons--I just wing it LOL.
12-21-11, 08:43 AM   #2
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
SO.

I have rekindled my love for WOW after changing everything I know and becoming a holy Paladin--however, now I'm realizing that my old UI build CalaiUI (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...7-CalaiUI.html) is not exactly healer friendly.

Looks like this weekend I'm going to start on a new build specifically geared towards healers.

I'm thinking grid in the middle, smaller unit frames (since I'm not tanking)

Of course, with a 30" monitor at 2560x1600, it may even clean up the area a bit.

I figure if I'm set for healing mode, it won't be difficult to tank hero's if necessary. The setup I have is critical for raid tanking as I need that information readily available to me, but for dungeons--I just wing it LOL.
A bit OT but I am enjoying WoW as well. I am finally leveling a hunter after 5 other 85s (I live in Japan so raiding is -well - not feasible) and the hunter is just awesome. I am enjoying leveling SOOOO much right now. I have 3 Spirit Beasts (my timezone ROCKS for rare pets) and right now I cannot die, no matter how hard I try. I am killing elites like they are butter. Its insane cool.

So - I hear you - I am really enjoying this game. I LOVE playing SKyrim, don't get me wrong, but I love playing WoW and always will I think...

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

12-21-11, 08:52 AM   #3
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Personally in my UI I went for two layouts, a dps/tank layout with raid frames out of the way and barely detailed and a healer layout with grid-style raid frames in the middle with deficit, incoming heals, aura tracking, debuffs etc.

With short /commands I can switch between them and settings are saved for each character. Works like a charm
12-21-11, 09:56 AM   #4
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Personally in my UI I went for two layouts, a dps/tank layout with raid frames out of the way and barely detailed and a healer layout with grid-style raid frames in the middle with deficit, incoming heals, aura tracking, debuffs etc.

With short /commands I can switch between them and settings are saved for each character. Works like a charm
Haleth-

You using something like Reflux to flip all the profiles?

I could do something simliar--
12-21-11, 10:52 AM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post

I used to do something like this - then I realized that 2 of my 3 raiding toons kept ending up as clutch healers (my priest and shaman), so I went to using my healing setup for everything (this was back in Wrath).
12-21-11, 11:57 AM   #6
Paolo242
An Aku'mai Servant

The in game slash commands get my vote. Either that or only heal.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Times are changing in the UI front