03-28-11, 09:23 PM   #481
Porsha
A Black Drake
Nin, I have switched to Raven for all my buff/debuff and cooldown needs. It is SO flexible and the configuation is amazing. A bit of a learning curve to get started when you want to add custom bars and such but I think overall it is very worth the effort. Check it out!

03-28-11, 09:35 PM   #482
Plickz
A Cyclonian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by nin View Post
OI!

If anyone has any cool ideas or suggestions for improvement on my current UI i'd be happy too hear em!

What im not completely happy with is cooldowntracking. (probably because im not used too actionbars though. :P)

I've been trying coolline,eventhorizon,different "bar" addons.. but i just don't get it too flow/fit the overall ui that well. -_-

Screenies are showing in combat and idle.

-_-V
what addon are you using for your raid frames?

03-28-11, 09:38 PM   #483
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Plickz View Post
what addon are you using for your raid frames?
oUF.

I'll take a look at it Porsha , thanks!

03-28-11, 09:55 PM   #484
Plickz
A Cyclonian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
oUF.

I'll take a look at it Porsha , thanks!
jw, are you going to upload your oUF at any point? :O

03-28-11, 10:28 PM   #485
Remsaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Got my UI finished, here are the screens, sorry didn't have any combo points up but they show in the middle under the target's target frame.

A couple people asked for a download link so here it is

link removed

You will need to change [account name] , [server name], and [character name] in the WTF folder to your own account, server, and char name respectively.

*There is an invisible bag button on the left chat frame skull, click it to access Bags

*Skada is set to dps and threat meter over the chat frame, just drag the "loot window chat" into your main chat and then click the skada minimap button for "raid mode"

Mods included:

Archy
Bartender 4
Bagnon
Power Auras
Move Anything
oUF
oUF Diablo
KgPanels (with custom art)
Lose Control
Gatherer
Dispel Border
Lightheaded
TomTom
Prat
Skada
Tidy Plates

Last edited by Seerah : 03-28-11 at 10:45 PM. Reason: removed link to off-site download -Seerah

03-29-11, 01:29 AM   #486
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Hi thread.

I like the artwork on yours, Remsaa.

--

Been getting back to UI modding, version 3.0 of my UI is nearly done. After having done boss frames, finally got some arena frames too. Work in progress of course - needs to be more to the center of the screen, bigger etc, but hey, it works!

03-29-11, 03:09 AM   #487
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Hi thread.

--

Been getting back to UI modding, version 3.0 of my UI is nearly done. After having done boss frames, finally got some arena frames too. Work in progress of course - needs to be more to the center of the screen, bigger etc, but hey, it works!

Pixel font destorys the UI and the chatfont, it just doesn't fit in.

Last edited by Aftermathhqt : 03-29-11 at 03:13 AM.

03-29-11, 04:44 AM   #488
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I'm looking for actual constructive criticism rather than "I don't like this".

03-29-11, 04:55 AM   #489
Mischback
A Cobalt Mageweaver

He's right about the non-matching fonts.

I'm not a fan of pixel-fonts, but hey. But if you use them, you will have to take care, that they are used throughout the whole UI (I think Led goes this way), including chat, or find a really fitting alternative, what I would consider difficult.

I don't like your minimal approach, but the work you put into it is amazing. Everything seems to fit, everything but the chat.

You're using oUF, right? Would you mind sharing the code to spawn the arena-frames?

edit: I'm no arena-player, but shouldn't you filter the buffs in some way? Or is the buff-frame able to display more buffs? I'm just curious, because I always thought, that you will need to see some very special buffs on the opponents.

Last edited by Mischback : 03-29-11 at 04:59 AM.

03-29-11, 05:02 AM   #490
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
It's never bothered me that the chat frame doesn't use pixel fonts. I like pixel fonts for names/numbers because they're crisp and clean, but for actual text, it's better to use a regular font, in my opinion.

I still need to work on a buff filter for arena frames, yeah. Since I'm lazy I'm trying to look for a list of all buffs you'd actually want to care about.

It's oUF indeed, the code for arena frames is exactly the same as for boss frames. I'm using the latest Github updates though which includes handling of arena frames by default (https://github.com/haste/oUF). Then it's pretty much just this:

Code:
	for n = 1, 5 do
		spawnHelper(self, 'arena' .. n, 'LEFT', 50, 0 - (56 * n))
	end
spawnHelper being this (pulled from oUF_Lily):

Code:
local spawnHelper = function(self, unit, ...)
	if(UnitSpecific[unit]) then
		self:SetActiveStyle('Free - ' .. unit:gsub("^%l", string.upper))
	elseif(UnitSpecific[unit:match('[^%d]+')]) then -- boss1 -> boss
		self:SetActiveStyle('Free - ' .. unit:match('[^%d]+'):gsub("^%l", string.upper))
	else
		self:SetActiveStyle'Free'
	end

local object = self:Spawn(unit)
	object:SetPoint(...)
	return object
end
I'm honestly not a pro with oUF mechanics, took me ages to add boss frames myself. Had to ask Haste to create an example.

Last edited by Haleth : 03-29-11 at 05:04 AM.

03-29-11, 05:16 AM   #491
Mischback
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thx for the oUF-hint, will try this with the github-version.

It's never bothered me that the chat frame doesn't use pixel fonts. I like pixel fonts for names/numbers because they're crisp and clean, but for actual text, it's better to use a regular font, in my opinion.
Yeah, we're clear on "regular font for text", this is exactly my opinion. And it is the fact that causes me to use a "regular" font on my unitframes.
'Cause I want them fitting.

I see the benefits of pixelfonts (more information, less space^^), but I have never achieved something, that pleased my eyes.

It's a matter of taste. When you like the mixture of pixel- and non-pixel-font, you should stick to it. I just wanted to point out, that it stands out in your screenshot.

03-29-11, 05:16 AM   #492
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

I still need to work on a buff filter for arena frames, yeah. Since I'm lazy I'm trying to look for a list of all buffs you'd actually want to care about.

It's oUF indeed, the code for arena frames is exactly the same as for boss frames. I'm using the latest Github updates though which includes handling of arena frames by default (https://github.com/haste/oUF). Then it's pretty much just this:

Code:
	for n = 1, 5 do
		spawnHelper(self, 'arena' .. n, 'LEFT', 50, 0 - (56 * n))
	end
spawnHelper being this (pulled from oUF_Lily):

Code:
local spawnHelper = function(self, unit, ...)
	if(UnitSpecific[unit]) then
		self:SetActiveStyle('Free - ' .. unit:gsub("^%l", string.upper))
	elseif(UnitSpecific[unit:match('[^%d]+')]) then -- boss1 -> boss
		self:SetActiveStyle('Free - ' .. unit:match('[^%d]+'):gsub("^%l", string.upper))
	else
		self:SetActiveStyle'Free'
	end

local object = self:Spawn(unit)
	object:SetPoint(...)
	return object
end
I'm honestly not a pro with oUF mechanics, took me ages to add boss frames myself. Had to ask Haste to create an example.

Wow, i just use this..

Code:
oUF:RegisterStyle('Aftermathh', Shared)
oUF:Factory(function(self)
  oUF:SetActiveStyle'Aftermathh'

if AftermathhUI.config.bossframes == true then
	    local boss = {}
	    for i = 1, MAX_BOSS_FRAMES do
		    boss[i] = oUF:Spawn('boss'..i, 'oUF_BossAftermathh'..i)
		    if i == 1 then
			    boss[i]:SetPoint('TOPRIGHT', UIParent, -14, -490)
		    else
			    boss[i]:SetPoint('BOTTOM', boss[i-1], 'TOP', 0, 55)             
		    end
		    boss[i]:SetSize(150, 27)
		    boss[i]:SetScale(0.95)
	    end
	end	

if AftermathhUI.config.arenaframes == true then
	    local arena = {}
	    for i = 1, 5 do
		    arena[i] = oUF:Spawn("arena"..i, "oUF_ArenaAftermathh"..i)
		    if i == 1 then
			    arena[i]:SetPoint('TOPLEFT', UIParent, 101, -360)
		    else
			    arena[i]:SetPoint("BOTTOM", arena[i-1], 'TOP', 0, 49)
		    end
		    arena[i]:SetSize(170, 27)
		    arena[i]:SetScale(0.95)
	    end
	end	
end)
then just use.. if (unit and unit:find('boss%d') or unit and unit:find("arena%d")) then ^_^

Last edited by Aftermathhqt : 03-29-11 at 05:18 AM.

03-29-11, 06:26 AM   #493
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
It depends on how you code your layout. I use unitSpecific functions like in oUF_Lily.

03-29-11, 08:32 AM   #494
Maxen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Nin's frames inspired me and I trying to do the same with the one I am using, oUF_Freeb <3 !

Here is what I did so far for the resources bars. But it doesn't feels right, what do you think ?

Edit: Actually, I'd like to do like the power bar for resources class. I'm sure it will be more "natural".

Last edited by Maxen : 03-29-11 at 08:53 AM.

03-29-11, 08:58 AM   #495
Tanthalus
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Mischback View Post
He's right about the non-matching fonts.

I'm not a fan of pixel-fonts, but hey. But if you use them, you will have to take care, that they are used throughout the whole UI (I think Led goes this way), including chat, or find a really fitting alternative, what I would consider difficult.

Lol, pixel fonts definitely do NOT belong as the chat font. What rubbish is that? Though his chosen pixel font is poor. I would find a pixel font that has better spacing (1 pixel not 2 like this)and use OUTLINE, MONOCHROME for better outlines.

Some pixel fonts need to be set to monochrome, and set -1 size lower to get their best spacing. Others just have bad spacing no matter what you do.

Last edited by Tanthalus : 03-29-11 at 09:02 AM.

03-29-11, 09:11 AM   #496
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
No need to be so fierce. I've seen pixel fonts in a chat frame, it can be done. I just don't like it, myself.

Anyways, not sure what you mean about the pixel font. Fairly sure the spacing is at its minimum, and as you can see it's already using monochrome outline.

Afaik SetSpacing(x) is vertical, not horizontal.

03-29-11, 09:26 AM   #497
Remsaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi thread.

Thank you sir!

and gj on your ui!

03-29-11, 09:47 AM   #498
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Plickz View Post
jw, are you going to upload your oUF at any point? :O
I've been thinking about it but i don't think so, i feel bad when i can't maintain addons i upload. and atm the code layout is a mess and only built around my pally healer wich is the only char i play.

Did you have a peek at ouf_phanx filtering list? It's what i use for my buffs/debuffs.

Only things i could mention about your ui is mainly personal preference, i think the ui on overall is ace.

What i would change is:

• the spacing on arena aura's so they match width of frames.
• slightly change rogue power color so they don't blend in so much with the hp bar.
• Put a 1 px black border around the classcolored line on you bottompanel.

-_-V

Last edited by nin : 03-29-11 at 09:55 AM.

03-29-11, 10:32 AM   #499
Julchen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've been thinking about it but i don't think so, i feel bad when i can't maintain addons i upload. and atm the code layout is a mess and only built around my pally healer wich is the only char i play.
If u want i can help with some coding, especially with Disc/Shadow Priest and Tankpala spezific CD's.

03-29-11, 11:14 AM   #500
Remsaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
My last UI post had the link removed because it was an off-site link, here is a new on-site link.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rychniaUI.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » UI Feedback Thread