05-26-13, 11:36 PM   #1
SenhorT
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite Lite, very lite, next update, why not?

hello, I know this addon is too big and too complicated to update and make corrections. And for this reason I'm here

Most who use carbonite, is the simplicity of the map, so why not just throw the carbonite with the system map (without npcscan, without quest watch, no nods, nothing), only the map and he is showing where the quest . And of course, map bgs, and dungeons/scenarios.

I think the carbonite should be retired (the carbonite complicated, full of stuff, full of codes) to make way for a simple addon map, light and functional.

Reasons to clean the carbonite:

- Npcscan (and CarboniteItems), we have several sites that inform us about npcs, sales items, guards that tell where the npcs, and more.
- Quest Watch, Blizzard learned and today we have a good quest watch.
- Gather, we have several addons for this.
- Warehouse unnecessary.

So why not reduce the carbonite addon making it a light and doing what he has to do, show us the map. I think with this, we will gain an addon light and functional and you less problem with the addon to solve.

What do you think of the idea?

Sorry for the bad english but do not speak english.

05-27-13, 07:32 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Already done.

You can load as little or as much as you want in the new version which can be found in the beta section.

05-27-13, 12:06 PM   #3
SenhorT
A Murloc Raider
I liked the new carbonite, but still requiring for example plugin quest (carbonite.quest) that shows the quest to on the map, if not activated, you will just see the map without knowing where are the quest.

But this very good, congratulations for the work. I will start using the beta (only carbonite and carbonite.quest) to help reporting problems.

05-27-13, 12:15 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It is like that... if you don't want quest information, you disable carbonite.quest .... for now while i'm testing it everything is bundled as one, but you can disable any part of it (carbonite.quest, carbonite.warehouse, carbonite.weekly etc) and the rest still works fine, so it's fully possible to have just carbonite with no additional.

Once it's ready for release each one will be it's own separate download, so you won't need to disable anything.

06-05-13, 09:55 AM   #5
Chrome67
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Tracking HUD without Quest Module?

any possibility to include the tracking HUD functionality without having to enable the quest DB? I like the "goto" options and if there was a way to link the in-game quest locations to the hud much like TomTom/TomTomLite that would be fantastic. Currently Carbonite loads 16 MB's in just 2 modules (quest & core) and disabling quest would make a significant reduction in that area. Just a thought...been using Carb for MANY years and love it all the way!

06-06-13, 07:17 AM   #6
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SenhorT View Post
- Npcscan (and CarboniteItems), we have several sites that inform us about npcs, sales items, guards that tell where the npcs, and more.
No one has mentioned this yet, but NPCScan is not part of Carbonite.

As far as I'm aware, the only thing Rythal had done with NPCScan is modify the NPCScan overlay module for compatibility with the way Carb2 now loads and the new calls to the map..

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 06-06-13 at 07:24 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Lite, very lite, next update, why not?