05-11-09, 09:56 AM   #1
HyperGig
A Cyclonian
Modular Stat Watcher

Just like needtoknow and tellmewhen, where you can plug in any spell and what you want to watch, I want something where I can plug in stats like Attack power or Spell power so I keep an eye on that kind of stuff.

THANKS!
05-11-09, 10:24 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've ssen bonusscanner in action as a broker plugin. Seems to be what you want.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
05-11-09, 12:28 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
SLDataText has a module for that.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-11-09, 01:21 PM   #4
HyperGig
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
SLDataText has a module for that.

I installed it and it looks like I can't watch my stats like attack power and spell power. It says custom script support is coming soon which i assume will like me program in things like my character stats.
05-11-09, 03:30 PM   #5
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
If you are running a LDB display addon you might like to try Fern.
05-11-09, 06:47 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by HyperGig View Post
I installed it and it looks like I can't watch my stats like attack power and spell power. It says custom script support is coming soon which i assume will like me program in things like my character stats.
Oh, sorry - I forgot that he removed that module with a recent update. I don't use that part, so wasn't thinking.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-12-09, 09:07 AM   #7
HyperGig
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
If you are running a LDB display addon you might like to try Fern.
So i have to use fern and something else like dockingstation?

Edit... or Fubar too right?

Last edited by HyperGig : 05-12-09 at 09:13 AM.
05-12-09, 09:07 AM   #8
HyperGig
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Oh, sorry - I forgot that he removed that module with a recent update. I don't use that part, so wasn't thinking.
It's ok, you pointed me in the right direction. Thanks!
05-12-09, 10:13 AM   #9
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
So i have to use fern and something else like dockingstation?

Edit... or Fubar too right?
Yes, there are a number of LDB display addons available. I currently use DockingStation as it is more advanced, but you could use Fubar if you have that installed already. You just need to install Broker2Fubar then.

Docking Station, Titan Panel, ChocolateBar, NinjaPanel, Fortress, StatBlocks, Fubar with Broker2Fubar, ButtonBin and some more that I can not remember the name of currently are all possible display addons.

You can get more LDB plugins and display addons in the LDB section of the download page.

Last edited by ravagernl : 05-12-09 at 10:16 AM.
05-12-09, 10:25 AM   #10
HyperGig
A Cyclonian
so any LDB plugins work with dockingstation and dockingstation is just like fubar? I think i need to read a tutorial or something. This is new to me, i have been living under the standlone mod rock.
05-12-09, 10:32 AM   #11
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
so any LDB plugins work with dockingstation and dockingstation is just like fubar? I think i need to read a tutorial or something. This is new to me, i have been living under the standlone mod rock.
Yes, LDB plugins can be displayed on any LDB display addon.
Seerah has explained the LDB concept in one of her Pick of the weeks.

Image this:
You want some plugin that gives you information about trainer skills. There is a plugin available for fubar, but you are using titan panel. So you can't use it. This is where LDB comes into play, it's basicly a standard for addon authors to easily make plugins for multiple panels/views/layers etc.

Last edited by ravagernl : 05-12-09 at 10:36 AM.
05-12-09, 10:34 AM   #12
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I think the one that is closer to fubar is titan panel but alas its been ages upon ages since ive used titan panel so I dont know if anything has changed but its fairly easy to configure. I havent used dockingstation and my personal favorite is Fortress. But if you don't want to switch from fubar and there is no real reason why you would have to other than you may find yourself using broker plugins more and more so you might as well which was my deciding factor but alas if you use broker2fubar all broker addons plugin to fubar. Likewise though if you decide to switch to another display mod you can grab fubar2broker which does the same thing but backwards meaning you can display fubar plugins on ldb display addons. Hope I haven't confused anyone, a bit tired and wanted to try to be a little helpful here

- Winston Churchill
05-12-09, 10:39 AM   #13
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Miralen View Post
I think the one that is closer to fubar is titan panel but alas its been ages upon ages since ive used titan panel so I dont know if anything has changed but its fairly easy to configure. I havent used dockingstation and my personal favorite is Fortress. But if you don't want to switch from fubar and there is no real reason why you would have to other than you may find yourself using broker plugins more and more so you might as well which was my deciding factor but alas if you use broker2fubar all broker addons plugin to fubar. Likewise though if you decide to switch to another display mod you can grab fubar2broker which does the same thing but backwards meaning you can display fubar plugins on ldb display addons. Hope I haven't confused anyone, a bit tired and wanted to try to be a little helpful here
At the moment, if you are beginning with a clean start, it's better to install a LDB display addon directly and LDB plugins, then fubar plugins. I don't see a lot of new addons with fubar support anymore. All they say is use broker2fubar.

Oh, and DockingStaion + MakeRocketGoNow works wonders for me.

That's my personal opinion though.
05-12-09, 10:44 AM   #14
HyperGig
A Cyclonian
Yeah i'm totally new so I will go right for a viewer like dockingstation.

Great... a whole new thing to be OCD with, just what i need.

Hey WI, time for your mod updater to come out, curse doesn't have dockingstation
05-12-09, 10:50 AM   #15
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
I personally use WoWI UI Manager.

Not going to explain more, plenty of topics around about wowmatrix and mmo-minion.
05-12-09, 11:10 AM   #16
HyperGig
A Cyclonian
I will look into that. If WI already has one out, why are they making a bran new one? Why is everyone crying about wowmatrix when WI always had a mod updater?
05-12-09, 11:31 AM   #17
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
I will look into that. If WI already has one out, why are they making a bran new one? Why is everyone crying about wowmatrix when WI always had a mod updater?
Good question Because some people are lazy. WowMatrix was/is downloading addons from multiple sites. The curse updater and WoWI's UI manager only download from their own site.

It might also be the misconception of always having the latest addon installed. It's (in most times) not needed. The more you update, the more time consuming it is to update, and the more bandwith it costs for the addon distribution sites.

Personally I don't mind using several updaters to update my addons. I do this once or twice a week.

But please let's not discuss more about wowmatrix and updaters as this forum is not the appropiate for it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Modular Stat Watcher