11-08-05, 11:51 PM   #1
xbjim
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
crash when reloading ui?

anything getting this.. says something about having to delete framexml or something.

cant check it out right now, fighting nefarian but ill try get what the message says when i can.
11-09-05, 12:20 AM   #2
xbjim
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
k it says,

Your game interface files are corrupt. Please remove your Interface\FrameXML folder.

edit;

deleted the interface\framexml folder.. still errored so i deleted all the folders EXCEPT addons folder and now i can reload ui.

Last edited by xbjim : 11-09-05 at 12:28 AM.
11-09-05, 02:11 AM   #3
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I think it is an issue with WoW when it has the data and art files extracted within its directory structure. I tend to develop within a different directory now, there is a procedure in the Tutorial that describes how to do that, but you basically move everything in the Fonts and Interface directory into a separate directory altogether, and copy the Addons directory back. You can now set the new directory in the options dialog of the designer and restart it. This seems to work pretty well.

I have gotten the MPQ extractor to work but haven't gotten around to getting the code all working in the app yet. One day...
11-09-05, 03:47 PM   #4
xbjim
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
ooo, alright ill do that

thanks

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » crash when reloading ui?