11-22-05, 08:43 PM   #1
Rapture
A Murloc Raider
Specific XML files won't load.

Greetings,

I've been trying to get this little app working properly since its initial release. I have followed all the instructions for installing it and I can't seem to get it right. Maybe one of you can help.

Alot of the frames from the CustomInterfaceKit will not validate upon loading. I think this is causing alot of my AddOns to not load properly either. I know they work in-game, but I can't render them in WoWUI Designer. I have even extracted ALL the files from interface.mpq (thinking they would differ from patch to patch) with no luck.

Maybe I'm missing something...

I'm using WoW UI Designer Beta 1.0.200.4 currently, but it is the same on all versions.

Here is a screenshot of the framexml project errors:
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6935/errors4ac.jpg

Thanx,
Rapture
11-22-05, 09:37 PM   #2
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well if you are using .4, then you should delete everything from your Interface folder except for the Addons directory, then try again. You should never extract files from the Interface.mpq because they are very old, and have mostly been replaced by those in patch.mpq. Also, in the Options dialog, there is an option to validate the Blizzard xml files against the schema, you should uncheck that to get it to work correctly.

Post again if you are still having issues after that.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Specific XML files won't load.