11-01-05, 09:44 PM   #1
Usurper
A Defias Bandit
How do I get detailed item information?

I've looked through wowwiki, and some of the API functions that seem relevant, as well as heaps of google searches, and while I can use GetInventoryItemLink to get the item link, and then strip off the extra characters to get the name of the item, what I really want to do is get the item stats.

Basically, I want to be able to get the data that the tooltip would display, into a local variable, without having the tooltip itself show up. So go through a characters equipped items, and parse the information for what Im after.

Does anyone have a starting point for me? Sort of hit a dead-end at this stage...

Thanks.
11-01-05, 11:39 PM   #2
noraj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
create your own tooltip that inherits gametooltip (so you have the getleft1() and other commands)

then set it to the item you want to scan and then use a getnumoflines() and just parse the tooltip for whatever lines are relevant(do string.find(thistooltext,"FROST") and parse it some more to get the numbers and then conver them to numbers and add em up...

you might want to look at titan[Statbonus] (or something like that(cant remember exact name and too lazy to look)) I think that does it to get gear bonus'
11-02-05, 12:04 AM   #3
Usurper
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by noraj
create your own tooltip that inherits gametooltip (so you have the getleft1() and other commands)

then set it to the item you want to scan and then use a getnumoflines() and just parse the tooltip for whatever lines are relevant(do string.find(thistooltext,"FROST") and parse it some more to get the numbers and then conver them to numbers and add em up...

you might want to look at titan[Statbonus] (or something like that(cant remember exact name and too lazy to look)) I think that does it to get gear bonus'
Fantastic, thanks for that. (It was Titan[ItemBonuses]).

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How do I get detailed item information?