11-10-05, 09:04 AM   #1
AndreasBlixt
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Keybindings in WoW

Hello everybody.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't keybindings in WoW per-account? This is horrible, for me anyways, because playing different classes requires either different keybindings, or certain keybound action bar slots which will make the action bar placement disorganized on most of the characters.
I am annoyed at the fact that I have an EU account and therefore I cannot post on the US forums about this (And no matter if the EU community managers do forward every single post I make for the US developers, I'll never be able to reach a proper level of communication because I can't reply back to the developers unless they come to the EU forums, which they haven't so far).
So if the keybindings haven't been implemented per-character in a recent patch, which I haven't checked and cannot check right now, has there been discussions/suggestions on any forums about this before? If not, why? Are there any good solutions to this problem?

Sorry for my semi-rant post, I was just bored and was annoyed at how difficult it is to setup a set of keybindings that work for priests, rogues and druids all at once (I like being able to use racials, shapeshifts, common class abilities, etc. with keys close to the WSAD keys for efficiency).

Andreas
11-10-05, 10:03 AM   #2
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
As far as I know, there are no plans to make key bindings per character. What you can do though, is find an AddOn that will save keybindings to its own data space on a per character basis and thus essentially make your keybindings per character. I don't know the name of any, but I know that they exist.
11-10-05, 02:22 PM   #3
AndreasBlixt
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This really should be brought up so that a Blizzard employee sees it, because keybindings per character is much more crystal-clear than per-realm-per-character SavedVariables (Which I got a friend with an US account to suggest in a post on the subject which was monitored by Slouken, and now it's there). I don't see how it can be expected to be able to make any keybindings related to character abilities and have them work seamlessly across all characters. Keybindings can literally save you in tight PvP situations (Just something simple like WotF on Tab lets me break fear instantly for example).

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Keybindings in WoW