11-20-05, 02:57 AM   #1
Dalad
A Defias Bandit
Object Properties

I am trying to modify an object's properties under the frame ->form.xml->button[button] in beta 1.0.200.3. If I change any of the properties it shows a star in the render frame but the save and save as icons do not pop up. If I use ctrl+shift+s the render says that the file has been saved and i can close and reopen it and still see my changed options. When i go into the main form and try to change an event or anything else on the properties tab of the same button it resets all the options set on the more detailed options pane. Is this right or am i missing somthing?
11-20-05, 04:53 PM   #2
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When you edit properties from the renderer, you have to use the Renderer| Rewrite XML File command to get the new frame state written out. This is because the command is not always guaranteed to produce the exact same output every time, so that command regenerates the XML file and places it unsaved into a buffer for you to look at.

If you are trying to edit properties of a form you created in the UI designer then you shouldn't, as you will overwrite your form state comments and it will not be editable within the designer again. You should have a look at the components in the Basic skin if you want more detailed properties, and let me know if there is a property that you want to edit that you can't.
11-21-05, 08:40 PM   #3
Dalad
A Defias Bandit
I checked out basic and it does have alot more options that were able to do everything i wanted except have multiple text fields on a single button. Thank you for the reply.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Object Properties