11-21-05, 03:31 AM   #1
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Stack Overflow with Fishing Buddy

Hello,

There is a conflict between WoW UI Designer and the current beta version of the "Fishing Buddy" mod (v0.8.5 Beta 1).

When the "Verify XML files against ui.xsd schema" box is unchecked, WoW UI Des freezes when it tries to load the FishingOutfitFrame.xml file on startup, then does a hard crash complaining about a stack overflow. When I remove the Fishing Buddy mod (leaving it's optional dependancy "OutfitDisplayFrame" in place), or re-check the "Verify XML files against ui.xsd schema" box, WoW UI Des loads normally.

I like having that option disabled, as I get fewer error messages in the Messages window, and I can view frames of the AddOns I have installed in the Renderer window (most of them are unavailable with the option enabled).

I have attached the Fishing Buddy mod for you to look at. I was using WoW UI Des v1.0.200.3 at the time.

Here's the error message I get:
Code:
Error Signature:
EventType : clr20r3     P1 : wowuides.exe     P2 : 1.0.200.0     P3 : 437bf219
P4 : wowuides     P5 : 1.0.200.0     P6 : 437bf219     P7 : 69e     P8 : 1
P9 : system.stackoverflowexception
If it's something you can't fix, then I'll let the author of Fishing Buddy know and see if he can fix it.

Cheers!
- D.I.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FishingBuddy.zip (69.5 KB, 763 views)
11-21-05, 09:59 PM   #2
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thanks, I don't do much checking when grabbing data out of the xmldom because when I wrote it I assumed that it would be validated, hence the likelyhood of application killing states. I will load up this addon and see what naughty thing the writer has done and plug the hole for now. I am currently doing MPQ file reader integration, and it is taking forever , but looking good now. I also have done some more nice editor enhancements like auto-un/indenting in code/xml blocks and brace highlighting.

Edit: I tried it and it didn't seem to crash (at least on my internal .4 version), which of the optional dependencies do you have?

Last edited by Nulkris : 11-22-05 at 05:46 PM.
11-23-05, 03:47 AM   #3
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I have all of the optional dependancies installed except Button Hole.

Titan can be found here: http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1442
myAddOns is here: http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=222
and OutfitDisplayFrame is included in the Fishing Buddy package available here: http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1095 (scroll down to the DevZone section).

I haven't tried 1.0.200.4 yet (downloading as I type). I'll install this version and see if it works.

EDIT: Still no joy with 1.0.200.4. WoW UI Des keeps freezing at the FishingOutfitFrame.xml file on load. Removing FishingBuddy or OutfitDisplayFrame from the AddOns folder fixes it.

Last edited by Ravendwyr : 11-24-05 at 03:33 AM.
11-25-05, 08:11 PM   #4
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Well it turned out to be a bug in cloning SimpleHTML frames, so my fault~ I will upload the small fix as a nightly build on the main website later if you want to try it out (will just be the exe). Thanks.
11-29-05, 03:41 AM   #5
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

1.0.200.4a fixes the problem. Thanks!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Stack Overflow with Fishing Buddy