10-20-14, 09:31 AM   #1
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Quest Items unusable from quest tracker

Hi, glad to see RealUI is hanging about for WoD! The title is the only bug I've had frequently - it asks to disable !Aurora RealUI, which if I allow, then allows quest items to be used from the tracker.

Code:
x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn '!Aurora_RealUI' tried to call the protected function 'UseQuestLogSpecialItem()'.
!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:586: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:586>
[C]: in function `UseQuestLogSpecialItem'
..._ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_QuestObjectiveTracker.lua:198: in function <..._ObjectiveTracker\Blizzard_QuestObjectiveTracker.lua:191>

Locals:
nil
Edit: Seen your post and will add a taint log when I next have a chance Gethe.

Last edited by BalwickMaggy : 10-20-14 at 03:24 PM.
10-20-14, 10:30 AM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Please read this post where is talks about [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN].

10-20-14, 04:01 PM   #3
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Hi Gethe, taint log can be found in my dropbox with this link;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjdzdotr8r...taint.log?dl=0

Edit; I should say that the error does not persist after a /reload if I had the quest item prior. If I gain the quest item after the /reload, the error gets thrown up.
10-20-14, 08:27 PM   #4
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Do you have any other addons that were not included in RealUI? Try disabling those if you have any.

You also said disabling !Aurora_RealUI allowed you to use the item button. After you disabled it, did you try abandoning the quest then retaking it and seeing if the error pops up?

Last edited by Gethe : 10-20-14 at 08:33 PM.
10-21-14, 04:27 AM   #5
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
Do you have any other addons that were not included in RealUI? Try disabling those if you have any.

You also said disabling !Aurora_RealUI allowed you to use the item button. After you disabled it, did you try abandoning the quest then retaking it and seeing if the error pops up?
I have vuhdo, Broker XP Bar, and Weak Auras outside of RealUI. And no, I didn't think to do that - I only discovered that a /reload allows me to use the item from the tracker after I started /taintlogging because that itself initiates a reload.

If I come across another quest with a quest item, I will let you know if disabling my external mods, disabling !Aurora_RealUI, and retaking throws the error.

Last edited by BalwickMaggy : 10-21-14 at 04:31 AM.
10-21-14, 05:38 AM   #6
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Okay, just tested it again.

Taint log - just in case you want it.

Anyway; disabled all the addons I've added on top of RealUI and it still threw the error. Then disabled !Aurora_RealUI and... it still threw the error. After that, it asked to disable Aurora, which I did, and then I was unable to produce the error at all - abandoning or having the quest prior to reload.

So, now you may beat Haleth with a banana.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Quest Items unusable from quest tracker