03-20-10, 02:09 PM   #1
Sokiane
A Murloc Raider
Shaman macro! Need help

Hey im doing mouseover healing and trying to do:
Nature's Swiftness Tidal Force and then Healing Wave with mouse over macro so it only casting the Nature's Swiftness and Tidal Force if you got a player that is alive (ofc) in you mouseover target, i tried with:

[pre]#showtooltip TIdal Force
/cast [target=mouseover, exists, nodead, help, target=player] Nature's Swiftness
/cast [target=mouseover, exists, nodead, help, target=player] Tidal Force
/cast [@mouseover, help, nodead] Healing Wave
[/pre]

But it aint working, i hope some of you experienced player know a way to do it. and i use the #showtooltip TIdal Force becouse it have the longest cd within the 3 spells i use =)
03-20-10, 02:29 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is my HealingMacro. I don't use the TidalForce with this one though but it does show the rest of it different from what you have that may make a difference. It also doesn't take into account the new @ values as I haven't touched my macros since 3.3 came out rofl. So been a while.

Code:
#showtooltip Healing Wave
/cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] [target=target,help,nodead] [target=targettarget,help,nodead] [target=player] Healing Wave
Hmm, looking at my Instant Heal Macro below I am now wondering if Tidal Force and/or Nature's Swiftness hit the global cooldown and thus cannot be used at the same time. Try without Tidal Force and then Nature's Swiftness and see if that points to both working together being the problem and not the macro itself.

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Healing Wave
Looking at your macro and mine it looks like yours should work fine unless it is working as I thought with a global cooldown hiccough.
03-20-10, 02:34 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You're telling it to cast on your mouseover *and* on yourself (player) in one set of conditionals. Also, help implies exists, so those are redundant, and @ is the same as target= just shorter. Actually, you're basically wanting to cast Nature's Swiftness and Tidal Force each time you press the macro. If your mouseover doesn't exist, you're saying to cast them on yourself (but they always get cast on yourself, since they're self-buffs). Finally, you're telling the macro to cast Healing Wave on your mouseover if it exists, but then not do anything otherwise. An empty set of brackets for a conditional tells the macro to cast the spell as normal.

#showtooltip Tidal Force
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Tidal Force
/cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][]Healing Wave

Use this site to get a quick explanation of what a macro does: http://www.macroexplain.com/

That site actually says that Tidal Force invokes the global cooldown (GCD), which means that the macro I posted above still wouldn't work. However, Wowhead says that Tidal Force *isn't* on the GCD. You're the shaman, though. You'll know which is right.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-20-10, 02:40 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ooh, thanks Seerah. Learn something new everyday
03-20-10, 02:47 PM   #5
Sokiane
A Murloc Raider
Darn then it going to use my cd when i aint mouseover a player and just hitting the buttom but ty for the infomations =) and yeah WoWhead is the one who know what they talking about the macro work only prob i had before this was that it did blow my 2 cd
03-20-10, 02:49 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Actually, you're basically wanting to cast Nature's Swiftness and Tidal Force each time you press the macro. If your mouseover doesn't exist, you're saying to cast them on yourself (but they always get cast on yourself, since they're self-buffs).
Well, this is what I based that part of the macro on. You were already telling it to use your cooldowns all of the time.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-20-10, 03:48 PM   #7
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Sokiane View Post
Darn then it going to use my cd when i aint mouseover a player and just hitting the buttom but ty for the infomations =) and yeah WoWhead is the one who know what they talking about the macro work only prob i had before this was that it did blow my 2 cd
Code:
/stopmacro [@mouseover,noexists][@mouseover,harm]
Iirc that will stop the macro if you are not hovering over a friendly player.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Shaman macro! Need help