05-21-10, 11:01 PM   #1
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Viewport, I believe it's called

Is there some way that you can make your toon avatar not in the center of your screen, but more towards the bottom? This way, there's more screen room in front of your character, when the action generally is.
05-22-10, 12:00 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes, it is called a viewport. There are quite a few addons that can do this (some only the viewport part, others more). Since I forget exactly how to link an addon search and have it keep the search results (instead of go to the search page), click on the "Find" tab above. Check "title" and "description" and search for the word viewport.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-22-10, 02:14 AM   #3
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is not possible. The only time the camera switches anchor- or center point is when you mount or dismount from a vehicle.

You will not be able to change the camera to see more ahead with viewport addons. Think of them as changing the resolution. Like if you change top and bottom it is like using a widescreen resolution and you will see more on the sides but if you change right and left nothing really happens except for hiding the world.

The only way to see more ahead of you is to turn the camera, or rather tilt it so you're closer to the ground and see more of your back.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.

Last edited by v6o : 05-22-10 at 02:20 AM.
05-22-10, 03:49 AM   #4
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
He doesn't ask about seeing more, but simply about making the important parts 'bigger' on his screen, if I understood correctly.
05-22-10, 03:53 AM   #5
Zergreth
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
He doesn't ask about seeing more, but simply about making the important parts 'bigger' on his screen, if I understood correctly.
Don't think so. He wants his character in the lower part of the viewport (!), to have more room "in front" of the character. This isn't possible though. Changing the viewport just enables you to use a smaller resolution for the actual ingame stuff, so you can place interface elements around it without wasting that space.
05-22-10, 12:29 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ah yes, I guess I skimmed over the rest of the OP.

What you are specifically asking for (at least what I and v6o *think* you are asking for) is not possible.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Viewport, I believe it's called