08-08-12, 06:57 AM   #1
Psych1758
A Defias Bandit
Wow default minmap

Is there a way i can hide the minimap so i can use carbonites map instead? Also carbonites map doesnt seem to follow any dungeon i go in as well. It stays on the stormwind map.
08-08-12, 08:29 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Psych1758 View Post
Is there a way i can hide the minimap so i can use carbonites map instead? Also carbonites map doesnt seem to follow any dungeon i go in as well. It stays on the stormwind map.
If you are using Carbonite, you don't have to "hide" the default (Blizzard) Minimap. Just merge the maps and the Blizzard Minimap will "hide" in the Carbonite minimized map. Once the maps are merged, you can see the Blizzard Minimap at any time by holding the "ctrl" key. However, there is one caveat: Please make sure that the Blizzard Minimap is NOT set to "rotate" in the Blizzard options. This will cause no end of problems when trying to find nodes for your gathering professions, since Carbonites map is stationary, and cannot be made to rotate, so the two maps will never align correctly.

You can merge the maps from the Map Minimap page of Carbonites options. You might also want to move the minimap buttons in to Carbonites "Button Window" which you can also do on that page. They are the first two options on the page, so it will be difficult to miss them.

As far as the dungeon maps go: Carbonite uses the Atlas dungeon maps to show you how to get around in them. Unfortunately, Atlas has been restructured and Carbonite can no longer "find" those maps. As long as there is a Blizzard map of the dungeon, though, you can still see how it is laid out. If you look on Carbonites maximized ("world") map you will see an icon Name:  Carb Dungeon.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  11.4 KB for the dungeon location. Hold your cursor over the icon and scroll in until you get the icon fairly large in the map, then right click the icon. Choose "Toggle Instance Map" in the menu and, if there is a Blizzard map for that instance, the instance map will open. These maps are not as detailed as Atlas dungeon maps, but they work. If the instance has multiple levels (floors) there will be a map for each separate level.

There is a wealth of information about Carbonite in the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file in your "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\" folder. I seriously suggest you read through it. There is quite a bit of installation information at the top of the file, but since you already have it installed and working, you can skip over it to the "good" stuff.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 08-08-12 at 08:40 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Wow default minmap