09-23-19, 10:42 AM   #1
kernighan
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ability to write text on the world map

In the past, it was possible to write text on the world map. I used this to provide zone level information (back in the days before Blizzard added this info). However, that information is once again gone in Classic, so I'd like to resurrect this feature. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find how to do it with the current API. Does anyone have any pointers on how this can be done?

Thanks!
09-23-19, 02:00 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just add a FontString to the frame? Since Classic has an entirely different layout, some frames may be removed or renamed. You can find what's there using /fstack and mousing over the map.
09-23-19, 05:36 PM   #3
kernighan
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
Just add a FontString to the frame? Since Classic has an entirely different layout, some frames may be removed or renamed. You can find what's there using /fstack and mousing over the map.
Thanks, I'll see if I can figure something out from that.
10-01-19, 05:15 AM   #4
PoliteKiwi
A Defias Bandit
The tough part would be finding out an event so that you can draw the text. I assume the text is reset every time you change it manually then mouse over the region once again.
10-02-19, 01:56 PM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's only if you modify an existing FontString. Even so, it's easy to work around.

WoWInterface » Classic - AddOns, Compliations, Macros » Classic - AddOn Help/Support » Ability to write text on the world map